Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Heya from scotland

Adhamh
@adhamh
14 years ago
9 posts
Hey, How is everyone, just introducing myself. I'm Adam and my dreads are roughly 1 month old or so. I initially crotched them but now I'm just going all natural, however I find my hair is veeerry oily and straight :(Tips?I have looked around the site and a lot of people have amazing hair!! :DTake care all!Adam

updated by @adhamh: 02/14/15 09:45:51AM
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
hai! welcome to the site! Basically, all i have to say is just let it go, stop worrying, and wash with baking soda...I don't really have that greasy of hair, but when it does get greasy, i just wash it and then it all works out fine, also, straight hair dreads up just fine..my hair used to be curly and what not, but for some reason, it got straighter, i dunno why, but it's dreading up just fine...just give your hair time, and wash with baking soda and acv...SE will probably have some other tip that I don't even know about! Good luck on your journey!
jim
@jim
14 years ago
40 posts
hey scotland, and welcome!imho, crocheting can be a good start depending on how you do it.as many has said in other threads, it can damage so they fall of after some years or so.if you really want to use it, use it with sense - or just leave your hair alone.just leaving it might not always be a good option if you have a job that requiries you to conform.gl.
Adhamh
@adhamh
14 years ago
9 posts
Silly question, what is ACV? Thank you for the great tips though :D ashley said:
hai! welcome to the site! Basically, all i have to say is just let it go, stop worrying, and wash with baking soda...I don't really have that greasy of hair, but when it does get greasy, i just wash it and then it all works out fine, also, straight hair dreads up just fine..my hair used to be curly and what not, but for some reason, it got straighter, i dunno why, but it's dreading up just fine...just give your hair time, and wash with baking soda and acv...SE will probably have some other tip that I don't even know about! Good luck on your journey!
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
hey, the best thing to do is to stop crocheting your hair totally. Your hair will frizz a lot after you stop crocheting but its better to go natural than to crochet. do the crochet method and your hair will be hard and get damaged. Go with the natural route and your hair will be healthy and spongy.So no more crochething, and when it starts frizzing dont worry, they will frizz and then over time start to loc up again. I love in the UK too so heres the site for some shampoo or soap bar you should use to wash your hair http://www.lucyrose.biz/dr-bronners-168-c.asp its dr bronners. You can also wash your hair with baking soda, look around the site and there should be posts showing how to wash with it. The oil will always be there so just wash it and don't run oily fingers through your hair.Gd luck mate
Adhamh
@adhamh
14 years ago
9 posts
Aye gave away the crotcheting a few weeks back. :D Cheers will have a look. From what I read Dr Bronners is good for later on when the dreads have matured? So might try the Baking soda method, been purely washing with water. Cheers Shuaib ahmed said:
hey, the best thing to do is to stop crocheting your hair totally. Your hair will frizz a lot after you stop crocheting but its better to go natural than to crochet. do the crochet method and your hair will be hard and get damaged. Go with the natural route and your hair will be healthy and spongy.

So no more crochething, and when it starts frizzing dont worry, they will frizz and then over time start to loc up again. I love in the UK too so heres the site for some shampoo or soap bar you should use to wash your hair http://www.lucyrose.biz/dr-bronners-168-c.asp its dr bronners. You can also wash your hair with baking soda, look around the site and there should be posts showing how to wash with it. The oil will always be there so just wash it and don't run oily fingers through your hair.

Gd luck mate
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
washing lil less will slowly make u less oily and u can help your scalp adjust by spraying yoir scalp with thyme tea letting that stay on between washings and extend the wash cycle by a day longer then u think u should till your ar 1-3 times a week (1-2 probly best) and able to not get oily too much between lil while b4 u wash spray the hair not scalp with sea salt salt spray will help dry itoh also hot wash helps remove oils but then freeezing cold rince helps close the pores down so u produce less it also closes the cuticles on the hairs so they hold in the healthy oils they need and the scalp wont try to overcomepensate by overproducing evertytime u strip the oilsu can add the thyme tea to the baking soda wash too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Adhamh
@adhamh
14 years ago
9 posts
Looks like i'll need to shop tomorrow hehe thanks for the awesome advice will definitely try it tomorrow! soaringeagle said:
washing lil less will slowly make u less oily and u can help your scalp adjust by spraying yoir scalp with thyme tea letting that stay on between washings and extend the wash cycle by a day longer then u think u should till your ar 1-3 times a week (1-2 probly best) and able to not get oily too much between lil while b4 u wash spray the hair not scalp with sea salt salt spray will help dry it

oh also hot wash helps remove oils but then freeezing cold rince helps close the pores down so u produce less it also closes the cuticles on the hairs so they hold in the healthy oils they need and the scalp wont try to overcomepensate by overproducing evertytime u strip the oils
u can add the thyme tea to the baking soda wash too
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
I was wondering what ACV was at first too...apple cider vinager...I think i got the spelling right...
Adhamh
@adhamh
14 years ago
9 posts
oh is there a recipe for it? thanks!! ashley said:
I was wondering what ACV was at first too...apple cider vinager...I think i got the spelling right...
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form