Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads and acne?

Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
ok so its been a long time since i had new dreads...and i dont remember if this happend last time or notso im a lil over a month into it and along my forehead at like hairline and the sides of my face have these tiny lil bumps its not like full blown zits or something but i assume its some kind of acne now i did not have this problem before i started dreading again. i do not use oil,gel,products etc,i wash only once a week with bronners and every other day baking soda acv. so wat the heck could this be from anyone else have this and wat are some good natural things i could use to help with this? could it be from my hair constantly touching these parts of my face now? idk any input or suggestions would be helpful.
updated by @heather-gamble: 01/13/15 08:42:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i know wax can cause it buy if u didnt wax its just natural oilinessteatree put a lil teatree on a gause pad or something textured like that and scrub to remove oils dry up the pores and kill bacteria

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
yeah ive never waxed a dread in my life i do use salt water spray and leave it in maybe thats drying stuff out and actually causing excess oil production...ill try tea tree and stop leaving the salt in for a while and see if it helps soaringeagle said:
i know wax can cause it buy if u didnt wax its just natural oiliness
teatree put a lil teatree on a gause pad or something textured like that and scrub to remove oils dry up the pores and kill bacteria
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
very well could be the salt and try to spray on haitr only not scalpor only use the salt like once or twice a month

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
yeah i dont remember having this problem before i try to make the salt weak cause ill admit im a lil addicted to salt water i usually only spray my locks but i dont rinse it out like i said so i guess ill quit that and use tea tree for a while and hopefully it goes away worse comes to worse ill try to keep my hair off my face for a while
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I've had a similar problem as of late (only I never used salt water sprays, I always went with aloe juice instead, Much easier on the scalp!), but there's also been a bit more stress than usual in my life. I've found that as long as I wash my face everyday with Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree soap (I use the bar form) that it tends to keep the acne at bay.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I don't have facial acne but do have some mild back acne now!Lemon oil is good for balancing oily skin.You could melt some raw shea butter down and add the lemon oil to that and let it cool (obviously lol) and put a light layer on before going to bed.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form