Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

if you used dread wax before would you recommend dread wax? poll

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
knotty jonny clean of dreadheadhq infamy will be putting up an 800 number soon to beg for positive feedback about dread wax use.so i do believe there maybe a small percentage who would still swear by dread wax use no matter what, but the vast majority of former wax users i believe would never recommend wax.so lets be open minded here and hear everyone out pro wax anti wax and not argue just build up a statistical percentage of how many former wax users would really recommend wax again.ok so1: did you use wax yes no2: how long did you use wax3: how long did those dreads last4: if you cut or started over, what was the reason5: would you use wax again yes/no6: would u recomend wax to others?7: would you warn others not to wax?8: would you buy from companies that sell wax (other items) or boycott them9:when jonny posts his 800 number would you call to praise wax or complain about it?10 any comments you want to make to anyone concidering using dread wax11: do you think those companies pushing wax so much is helping or hurting their businesses?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:42:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no responces? nobody used dread wax?that sure is a nice thing to knowless and less ppl are falling into that trap just look on youtube how many vids specificly say "no wax"

--
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
1: did you use wax? 1st set of dreads yes2: how long did you use wax? about 3-4 months3: how long did those dreads last? not very long4: if you cut or started over, what was the reason? job hunting5: would you use wax again yes/no? Noooo way jose6: would u recomend wax to others? nope7: would you warn others not to wax? YES!8: would you buy from companies that sell wax (other items) or boycott them? BOYCOTT!9:when jonny posts his 800 number would you call to praise wax or complain about it? complainWAX=BAD!!!best advice i could give is do nothing but wash and let nature take its course
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
i would love to give my opinion and just call and say how it must totally suck to be a douchebag asshole like u johnnyboy but thats based on his biz practices and not my opinion of his dreadwax which ive never touched.... smelled it once though and it smells good but i wouldnt put in in my hair
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
do you think those companies constsantly pushing wax is helping theyre business or hurting it? (lets make that a number 11) in fact ill add it to original post

--
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
i think it can only depend on the customer and how informed they are about dreadlocks and care.for ex. several people ive talked to are all " beeswax that'll lock it right up" whereas i have already used it an i know that its just a bothersome thing to do & many people here would agreebut for those who are ignorant to what it actually does then there gonna benefit those companyswax is just another thing to make moneythey could care less about strong healthy dreadsi sayFIGHT THE POWER! soaringeagle said:
do you think those companies constsantly pushing wax is helping theyre business or hurting it? (lets make that a number 11) in fact ill add it to original post
Kyler Swatsky
@kyler-swatsky
14 years ago
16 posts
I think it's acutally helping there company..because i bet a lot of people don't do research on dreads they just want them so they see this Wax/Kits that gaurntee them dreads so they buy it..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
but they are screwing themselves out of reperat business and recomendations Kyler Swatsky said:
I think it's acutally helping there company..because i bet a lot of people don't do research on dreads they just want them so they see this Wax/Kits that gaurntee them dreads so they buy it..

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
did those ppl have dreads? JahWillProvide said:
i think it can only depend on the customer and how informed they are about dreadlocks and care.

for ex. several people ive talked to are all " beeswax that'll lock it right up" whereas i have already used it an i know that its just a bothersome thing to do & many people here would agree
but for those who are ignorant to what it actually does then there gonna benefit those companys
wax is just another thing to make money
they could care less about strong healthy dreads
i say
FIGHT THE POWER!

soaringeagle said:

--
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
1: did you use waxVery briefly.2: how long did you use waxI applied it twice (once each to two sets of dreads), so maybe a total of 3 days?3: how long did those dreads lastThe first set I combed out only 24 hours after I started them (with backcombing). The wax was definitely the grossest part about taking them out.... my hair (even un-dreaded) felt waxy for at least days, if not a week, before it would come out. The second set the people who start them for me (with backcombing) put it in the very first day, but I never re-applied after that.4: if you cut or started over, what was the reasonI combed out the first set because I had done them all myself and didn't like the sizing and placement of the sections. (It was a grid as opposed to a brick-lay pattern, and I was too inexperienced to realize I should take my natural part into consideration.)5: would you use wax again yes/noAbsolutely not. That shit's nasty.6: would u recomend wax to others?I have ONE friend whose dreads I put in and she has super silky, straight hair and was having issues with getting her hair to lock. So after doing some maintenance to help her out I suggested off-hand that she might consider using a TINY bit of wax (like way less than the recommended amount) to help them out if she wanted.... and that was the ONLY time I ever recommended it. OVERALL, absolutely not, though. That shit's nasty, LOL.7: would you warn others not to wax?Absolutely, I do all the time. (When people ask if I think they should use it or not.)8: would you buy from companies that sell wax (other items) or boycott themWell, I used to buy from them, but I am boycotting. The only thing I will use is their Loose Hair Tool as its the only thing they sell that I cannot find a cheap alternative to and I find it really useful. (Everything else they sell is just highly overpriced household items you can buy for less than half of what they charge.)9:when jonny posts his 800 number would you call to praise wax or complain about it?I am steering clear of him altogether these days, LOL.10 any comments you want to make to anyone concidering using dread waxOnly that I wish people didn't think DHHQ's way was the only way and that this page would come up higher in search results so that this information was more easily accessible. I hate to see people being taken in by the lies.11: do you think those companies pushing wax so much is helping or hurting their businesses?Without statistics this is only speculation, but I think that overall it is helping, clearly by the overwhelming amount of business (and ignorant fans) that they have, unfortunately.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form