Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread related concerns rant (well sort of)

ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
I know what your talking about, because I am one of those people who start worrying about my hair because before I go into anywhere, I like to know all the facts and what not, and with dreading, i just jumped in because I've always wanted them, and loved them, so I started and knew nothing about how I was doing them, so when they started to get all weird and what not, I freaked and posted, but I now sit here and think "This is a process, It takes time," Plus, I think that getting dreads is a really good thing for me because I've gotten much, much more patient, even having them for such a short time...
updated by @ashley: 07/13/15 11:46:19AM
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
well i guess u could call me wat did u say snarly? most call me caustic and slightly abrasive its part of my charm really :) Sister Rags said:
HEATHER, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have found myself not opening some posts because I knew I was going to get frustrated and maybe even snappish with some of the SAME OLD questions and concerns about dreading one's hair. I wanted to write something, but again - I was feeling snarly. I am SO GLAD, so GRATEFUL to you.

Blessings, sister!
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
i too would be very interested in this u should tell this person to join:) because i have never heard of such a thing and i can braid me some hair....it does sound like work but hey if its a natural process thats cool i really hope u get a chance to tell her to join just mention that u know were interested in the process cause thats not as creepy as saying "hey ma lemme take ur pic" lol Davey said:
you can start dreads from braids though, i know someone who started a set that way and they look great. she started them 5 of so years ago as well so they've held up, but she didn't just braid'em and leave'em; once braided she said she would rub the outside of them to make them loosen and the lose hairs would rub together and form knots, it's pretty weird but i think thats why they never looked braidy, and it's an interesting method of doing it i think

she was also the first person to tell me not to put shit in my hair cause i had wax and was using to much knotty boy gel so it was flaking everywhere. i wish i knew her well enough to get a picture with out looking like a creep lol
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I remember seeing a pic or something I think SE posted that had a guy with dreads already but they were thin and he braided them together and was letting them congo. heather said:
i too would be very interested in this u should tell this person to join:) because i have never heard of such a thing and i can braid me some hair....it does sound like work but hey if its a natural process thats cool i really hope u get a chance to tell her to join just mention that u know were interested in the process cause thats not as creepy as saying "hey ma lemme take ur pic" lol

Davey said:
you can start dreads from braids though, i know someone who started a set that way and they look great. she started them 5 of so years ago as well so they've held up, but she didn't just braid'em and leave'em; once braided she said she would rub the outside of them to make them loosen and the lose hairs would rub together and form knots, it's pretty weird but i think thats why they never looked braidy, and it's an interesting method of doing it i think

she was also the first person to tell me not to put shit in my hair cause i had wax and was using to much knotty boy gel so it was flaking everywhere. i wish i knew her well enough to get a picture with out looking like a creep lol
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Well said. :)
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
After reading this I took one of my loose tnrs and loosely braided it. Let's see how it goes! Knottysleeves said:
Sounds really neat, Davey. I haven't heard of that before. I'd love to see pics of those and how they developed! Sounds like a lot of work to loosen them up, though.
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
if you braid or twist hair thats already" dreading " its gonna start to congo with the other hair it may look braidy or twisty for a very long time...just so yinz know wat im talking bout when i say a braid doesnt begat a dread is cornrows boxbraids braid extensions will not turn into a dread and i still stand by this because ive braided many a head and ive seen people leave braids in for longer than anyone should and nary a one ever turned into a dread (but some of em got pretty funky)which is why im very interested in hearing first hand exp as to how someone did it u know were they large braids (which is never what i think of when i hear someone say braids) was it already knotted hair? i just wanna kno more :)
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
" time, time, time, don't put stuff in your hair, time "This...I...LOVE!Though im only starting my journey and recovering from crochet creation this should be what everyone is told!Karen

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form