Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

lil update on ads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hi everybudy so i switched over all ads to a new ad netwotk that uses the old ads as well but alows a price to be set to beat so it shows the old ads when it cant beat that priceadvantage the new ads are mostly pay per 1000 impressions instead of per clickalso i added a full page ad only on my page and it will only pop up every 3rd visit and will not pop up again for u for 24 hoursadditionaly in a couple days there will be inline ads..words double underlined i am not sure they will stay or not but it was recomended that they may tripple ad revenues so im trying it outi took off 2 ads on the front page as wellthe reason im trying to increase revenues some is the 2 new sites are also pro accounts now so the 3 sites together are costing me 150 a month thats a strain on me untill the 2 new sites get more trafic ( so please concider adding content to em www.greentechnologyforums.com www.legalizecannabis.ws ))the inline ads should show up in 2 days about and at that time i'll be watching how much they bring in to see if they are worth the annoyance. but from what i was told they will be.the reduced ads on the front page i think will help load time slightly and makes it look lil less messyand believe it or not removing them seemed to have increased click rates slightly too (at least today we'll see if that translates to s a trend)thaanks for bearing with me reducing ads and increasing payoff will be a slow process of trial and error (also today darkened all ad backgrounds 1 shade to more closely match the site and help text ads blend in more)just keeping u posted trying to cover costs and reduce annoyance at the same timethere will probably be more slow changes as i test out new ideas along the waybut ill try to keep it minimaly annoying (full page ads all over the site would pay out alot but will annoy some ppl enough to not join thats why its only on my page (should be working within 24 hours)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well thnx for that i am trying to find a better way to load that leaderboard ad so it doesnt slow site load and shift everything down as hat and the search are in a html file pulled in by a script .. i think theres gotta be a better way

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hey next few days testing out yet another ad thing this 1 supposedly will be best and if so ill be removing all the rest except the 1 on the right sideso bear with methis new add will pop up under your mouse curser for just a few seconds then disapearthe guy who told me about it claimed it was the best so if it works as well as he says all the rest will be going exceot that side 1i wanna make em less annoying while still covering costs and we are..almost covering costs but not quite there..closethe 1st to go will be the inline ads the underlined words that pop up ads they annoy me the most and seem to be the most useless so far but gonna give em a few days to a weekat the end of the week i hope to settle on a fairly permenant solution and maybe just make tiny minor adjustments from therei apologize but the site s switching over hit me at a bad time when im broke as hell and the new sites arent getting enough trafic yet to help outthe new ads should pop up soon and if 1st few days go well ill start phasing out the rest bit by bit and increasing load time too

--
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Hey I was just wondering..is there any way to change the color of the inline ads? the green doesn't contrast enough with the gray and it takes a bit of strain to read that part..at least for me since my eye sight is not great and haven't gone to get glasses yet...maybe if they were white or light blue or light green or something??
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ive tried 3 times today but it wont update i tried changing em to white to match the others im really thinking of losing those ads since theyre not really helping enough to make the annoyance worth it the under mouse 1 maybe annoting too but its covering 1/2 the costs and has 10x higher click rate then the resti got rid of all full page ads on the guides pages and im thinking of just removing inline alltogether and not bother waitting till a 1st checki what do u guys think google and the mouse ones are covering the bolls pretty close to exactly what we need on averageacyualy i'll remove em on here and leave em on greentech for now

--
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
haha you know I think most of those click are on accident...I know I've done it a couple of time...but click are click right? :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form