Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

this might sound stupid, but i need a lot of help..my first shower was a disaster

Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
ok sorry if this is a little long, but i woke up looking forward all day to get home and shower after work. the time comes and it just was awful. i poured the baking soda on my head about three different times before my whole head was covered, forgot the vinegar and the measuring cup on the other side a few times. basically at the end, my whole bathroom looks like an ocean. but thats not really the problem, cause thats just preperation. so for my problem, my hair is straight and im not sure how to wash it or rinse it with the acv. could someone post a video for me to show me the technique? before the dreads start to form should i just be grabbing my hair in clumps to squeeze out the baking soda? should i just let the water run through it and not even touch it? same thing for acv? and when i get out can i shake my head to dry it off or do i just leave it as is and let it dry after a while? im sorry if this seems like common sense but i am struggling. thanks everyone
updated by @matt5: 01/13/15 08:41:29PM
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
thats the thing though, this was my first day, my hair is only like two inches, i dont even have dreads. my hair is as straight as fabio's right now. so idk how to go about cleaning, rinsing, and drying, without slowing the process or messing it up in any way
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea u dont gotta touch your head at all and then shake it out and let it drip dryi never knew any6one would find pouring water over theyre head a complicated process..lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
haha oh yeah, i messed that up, i had to do it three different times. but what youre saying is pour in the baking soda/acv and just let it soak, and then go under the water and just stand there and dont even touch my hair and let the water do all the work? then i get out and shake my head to get the excess water out and let it air dry. you gotta spoonfeed this shit to me lol
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Pour on the baking soda and water mix.Leave while you wash up.Rinse with water for a minute.Pour on ACV and water mix.Leave for at least 30 seconds like conditioner.Rinse with water for another minute.Done :)
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
ok, thanks guys. i told you it might sound stupid. but i really appreciate the help. im quite aways from getting dreads but im already in love with them haha
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
lol! no worries...there are some things that I need hammered into my skull for me to understand...like straightening my moms hair...she never explains well enough then gets mad when I don't do it right!! haha :) Matt said:
ok, thanks guys. i told you it might sound stupid. but i really appreciate the help. im quite aways from getting dreads but im already in love with them haha
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
do not mix the baking soda and acv togetgher do baking sida 1swt rince it out then acv and rinse that if u do em togerther it causes a chemical reaction and foams gets hot and goes crazy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Probably want to go light on the baking soda since your hair is so short. I'm thinking half a tablespoon? My hair is to/past my shoulders and I use two tbl spoons in a pitcher. Any more was bothering my scalp for some reason.

ricky williams said:
but.........everyone love volcanoes......but yeah man dont worry i messed up reaaaaaaaaal bad my first time and left a lot of baking soda in my hair and got a lot in my eyes soaringeagle said:
do not mix the baking soda and acv togetgher do baking sida 1swt rince it out then acv and rinse that if u do em togerther it causes a chemical reaction and foams gets hot and goes crazy
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
ok, and last thing, i washed my hair today, so i probably wont wash again until sunday or monday night, should i get my hair wet in the showers that i dont clean it in?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form