Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shedding a lot of hair

Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
I just washed my hair, and noticed a pretty thick chunk of hair hanging down below the bottom of my locs. So I pulled it out and it was kind of shocking XDI know that your hair still sheds and that it usually stays in the dread, but I find myself having to pull out strands of hair every day, ones that are jsut super long, hanging out of the ends of my locs.Is this normal?
updated by @cavewoman: 01/13/15 08:41:19PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Yeah it probably is normal. Maybe your locks are just not tight enough to hold them in yet :)
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
that's what I'm thinking. It just bugs haha, can't wait till my dreads are so tight I don't have to worry about hair being everywhere! Paula said:
Yeah it probably is normal. Maybe your locks are just not tight enough to hold them in yet :)
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
I have the same problem. I always lost a lot of hair, even before I started dreading. Now I find really LONG hairs hanging off the ends of my dreads like you and I am around five months in.
Alex Angam
@alex-angam
14 years ago
47 posts
I had a similar problem a few months ago, (I'm at about 6 months now) so I stopped touching them and then when they got a little tighter it stopped altogether.
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
I try not to touch them that much, except when I have to put it up... or if I'm separating them... well actually I guess I do kind of just touch them sometimes, but not like all the time.And ya MiDread, it sucks huh? hahaI'm coming up on two months... like 4-5 more months of this probably... ha ;pThanks for the input =] Alex Angam said:
I had a similar problem a few months ago, (I'm at about 6 months now) so I stopped touching them and then when they got a little tighter it stopped altogether.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form