Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello All... a question about roots

Melissa!!!
@melissa
14 years ago
6 posts
Hi all, I'm Melissa from Australia and have been dreading for 6mths now. I am really happy with how it is all going but the one thing that bugs me is my roots. I did my dreads myself and as a result my dreads have not been separated correct at the root. I have criss crossed many hairs at the scalp and as I result have to pull/rip apart my dreads at the roots to prevent congos. I have been contemplating getting some professional help here as the ripping is giving me headaches. I certainly don't want fancy neat dreads but I also don't want one massive congo hanging off my head!!Any ideas? I am at the point of cutting the offending hairs.
updated by @melissa: 01/13/15 08:41:07PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
ugh man I have the same problem!! But congos will happen even without the mixed hairs.Try separating from the roots down. This way you can actually rip the connecting hairs instead of just sliding them up.Welcome!! :D
Melissa!!!
@melissa
14 years ago
6 posts
Thanks for the advice and the welcome! Will give this ago as its amazing how much a couple of strands of hair in the wrong direction can hurt! LOL
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
oh trust me I know!! I've only been battling with them for a month and a half but I've taken care of most of the small ones. I used to get like a little stabbing pain all over the top of my head and one day I ran my hand over it and snapped dozens of single hairs...it relieved my pain immediately :) Melissa!!! said:
Thanks for the advice and the welcome! Will give this ago as its amazing how much a couple of strands of hair in the wrong direction can hurt! LOL
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just seperste more thoroughly and more often pro help would be a huge mistakeif u seperate em all the way to the scalp and do it often you'll get em to start behaving betteri let mine go naturaly so had to seperate aloybut it gets less and less i havenmt at all in 2 years and let alot congo and love it but i wouldnt let congos get too big either

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form