Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Questions for vegans.

Jamie2
@jamie2
14 years ago
25 posts
wish i could too, i'd love to go to california. maybe i can if only i could find a way to get to SD... pixie said:
Thanks!! I don't find vegan-ism too difficult. Several of my friends and family members doubted I could do it. haha. I love it! I love the food choices, I love the way I feel. And I don't miss non vegan foods. I'm excited to get out to Cali and check out some vegan restaurants. :)

Wish you could come with my dear!!

Jamie said:
Wow congratulations!!! Being a vegan is really easier than it seems just eat protein grown naturally by the earth. I saw your post about a road trip to Cali, while you're there explore there are tons of vegan restaurants, communities, etc. wish i could go to cali i went 2 summers ago and miss it so much.

pixie said:
Thanks for the suggestions! Been going strong for almost 2 weeks. I feel so good!! :)

Jamie said:
Best advice I could give to a fellow vegan is to go to a Chinese grocery store if you have one: tofu is about the cheapest and best thing a vegan can eat, and you can get blocks of tofu for about a quarter at a Chinese grocery store. Also, if you can buy beans and nuts in bulk, definitely do that. Check out vegweb.com for tons of great vegan recipes also. I've been a vegan for two years. Good luck and have fun! :)

updated by @jamie2: 07/23/15 07:39:54AM
babylon
@babylon
14 years ago
27 posts
When you stop eating meat you're body must adapt, I felt weak for 2 months but now i'm doing fine (being vegan for 2 years now)I would get beans and eggs (for energie) and lots of herbs and sweets (coco's, fruit, garlic,ginger) I'm addicted to everything that includes coco's :Pand it's always a good thing to grow you're own veggies and fruits
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
I had stopped eating meat awhile ago. 2 weeks ago I took the plunge to no animal products what so ever. I actually feel like I have more energy! :)I've decided I absolutely love beans. :)I'm going to try and start my own garden next spring. Well that's if I have a place for a garden. ha. :) laida24 said:
When you stop eating meat you're body must adapt, I felt weak for 2 months but now i'm doing fine (being vegan for 2 years now)

I would get beans and eggs (for energie) and lots of herbs and sweets (coco's, fruit, garlic,ginger) I'm addicted to everything that includes coco's :P
and it's always a good thing to grow you're own veggies and fruits
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
The smoothie you just recommended sounds so good! I didn't even think about smoothies! Which is funny, a couple years ago I went on a smoothie craze and ended up buying this nice blender. Gunna take it out of storage and whip up some awesome vegan protein smoothies! Thanks for the suggestion! raw sum said:
Way to go, You might also check into a more raw focus as well... not that I am practicing raw vegan myself yet but I am on the journey there... Look into green smoothies and there will be the answer to your nutritional needs for the transition too (as well as the long term)... spinach has 50% protein .. go figure! Splash some bottled water in the blender with it and a frozen banana with some fresh berries.. a little coconut oil... or hemp seed oil... agave nectar .. even an avacado.. oh and of course some sea salt! ! You will need to vary the greens over time to kale... romaine lettuce... etc.... As far as what I could mention for your kitchen .. I would say a high end blender (we have a blend tek) and a dehydrator (we have a nine tray Excaliber).. a Champion juicer we have as well and it has many good uses too .. though we don't very often take the juice away from it's fiber... I guess I could go on and on about this topic ... This is a start ...

be well ... rawsum

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form