@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Will do. 

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I am still trying to transition my washing cycle to about every 7 days, but my scalp may have thrown a wrench into it As my last wash was 3 days ago, and my scalp is oddly enough already itchy when last week it took 5 days for it to be itchy. ...so could I attribute this to the cold weather and thus maybe just wash it tomorrow or just ride this out hoping it will pass and my scalp is just adjusting? I mean the itching isn't horrible, just present enough that I KNOW my scalp itches off and on today. 

updated by @ravens-light: 10/28/16 05:44:23PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

winter weather, and heaters can cause that

but washing often in winter sucks worse then itching for a day or 2 ..i don't know about you but i shiver  most of the day after washing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Yeah, it does suck. I shiver and sometimes get headaches from my hair being wet (but that happens other times of the year too). (at least I think the water weight is the reason)

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

This is the state of my roots/the gap down the center & some of the loose hair since I have been washing with that beer soap for a few weeks. I hope the bar soap I have been using is still safe on my roots, I mean so far it hasn't seemed to loosen them too badly or really much.  I did a sea salt spray earlier this week. I am hoping my roots have finally hit a turning point and the gap will finally seal up. If anyone has any advice that would be great. in about 2 weeks my hair will be 3 and 1/2 years old :D

If a better picture is needed of my roots let me know.

updated by @ravens-light: 10/30/16 11:22:07AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

its improved in the past month i think

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Yeah, I think so too. I mean at first I was a tad concerned about this soap being overly conditioning to the roots, but so far it hasn't really messed up much. I mean I have a patch of loose hair behind my right ear that is taking it's sweet time to knot up and the soap may be not speeding that part up, but that's ok as it hasn't really seemed to do harm to my hair. I am thinking about going back to doing weekly sea salt sprays again to help my roots knot a little more consistently, especially since this soap has some oils in it....but on the whole, I 'm really enjoying using this bar soap on my dreads. I had made a dread on the center of my head a few months back (maybe like 6 months ) from loose hair , but I eventually remove it  before it was that old, as it looked odd ( and not in the positive way that dreads are 'odd') and have been allowing the hair to do it's thing since then. I sort of feel like in making that dread I had been fighting nature in the sense that it was against what my hair wanted to do....sorry to ramble, LOL.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

i just use the liquid dreadlocksmpoo (lockin up liquid) once every few months to get all those loose hairs to dread up

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, so then weekly sea salt sprays would roughly achieve the same thing? I just checked on the patch of loose hair I thought wasn't knoting from the soap, it is! It's just slow going, obviously. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea it should

--

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form