Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

It's Time!

dawndollgirl
@dawndollgirl
9 years ago
3 posts
Hello!I'm a 47 year old recently retired empty-nester who has wanted dreads for over 2decades. I worked at a hospital for 27 years, where they were appearance Gestapos, so it was never possible to have dreads until I retired. So now...I'm going for it! Yahoo!The other day I started reading up on the processes and there are SO many different opinions out there it boggles the mind. Unfortunately I know of no one locally to turn to for advice or assistance. I live in a small up-north Michigan town and no salons do this. So...I'll be relying on all I can read/watch online to get me started. I have chest-length fine, very straight and 'slippery' hair, so I'm crossing my fingers that I can even get this to work for me.My hair is colored (foiled streaks) and I go Friday for a coloring session to attend to the regrowth that needs fixing. So, I plan to start the process after that. I'm watching some YouTube videos now on how to prepare my hair to start...stop conditioning, get residue-free shampoo, etc.Thanks for letting me join. I love all the photos I see here!Wish me luck!
updated by @dawndollgirl: 01/13/15 10:06:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

avoid info on youtube stick to this site

use a residue free shampoo and it will dread itself or use twist and rip,..nothing else

the hospital couldn't legally tell u u cant dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dawndollgirl
@dawndollgirl
9 years ago
3 posts

soaring eagle said:

avoid info on youtube stick to this site

use a residue free shampoo and it will dread itself or use twist and rip,..nothing else

the hospital couldn't legally tell u u cant dread

dawndollgirl
@dawndollgirl
9 years ago
3 posts
Well, they have an 'appearance policy' which includes disciplinary steps up to termination that is legal. I had a huge ongoing issue with them over a rose tattoo that I got when I was 15, years before I started working there. We got a new HR Director who came up with this new policy. Adherence to their policies is a condition of employment. Legally. Trust me I checked. It wasn't worth giving up my career for, especially when I was so close to retirement. But anyway...I appreciate all the advice here, I'm just a bit overwhelmed! Having studied this a bit, I've discovered just what you advise...no residue shampoo and probably the twist and rip method, only because I'd like somewhat uniform dreads. Now I just need to get one of my friends to help me with the back!I can't wait to start, I'm pretty excited.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

religios and cultural descriminaltion is unconstitutionally ilegal the appearance clause might cover a tatoo but it cannot cover yhamikas (however its spelled) burkas dreadlocks hell if they employed a hare krishna the t lock or whatever its called and the brahma dot

since dreadlocks are more then a style foir a great many but a religious or cultural expression they cannot legaly say no dreads without risking beiung sued and guess whod be the head of hr then..you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form