Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

brittle dreadlocks from dread perm

Sarai Weideman
@sarai-weideman
10 years ago
2 posts

My dreads even feel a little tinner (some of them)even when i am just separating them i can bring chunks of hair, what can i do? (thanks perm :( )

Also a lot of them have biiiiig lumps like in the picture attached, it almost feels like they are going to separate. are they totally normal? or should i do with them?

updated by @sarai-weideman: 01/13/15 10:06:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

dread perms absolutely fry the hair now they will be brittle the lumps are loops those are a good thing..leave em be

now for the brittleless

no sea salt no baking soda acv if your using the dreadlockshampoo.com, shampoos u might want both the liquid and bars

use the bars till tghey are less brittle

u can correct the brittleness quicker but wuill slow or even reverse the progresssomewhat

although after 2 dread perms it might be an emergency and losing progress wouldbe better then losing hair and dreads

judge for yourself how desperately brittle they are and use jojoba accordingly very light minimal use if u can if however that still leaves them feeling fried try a slightly stronger mix

add just a lil to a rinse pour over head wait 2-3 min then 1/2 rinse by that i mean just a quick spray to help spread it through and rinse out enough that they dont feel oily but still leave enough in to nourish

start with like 10 drops to a gallon that weak double it ifthats not enough and again for a 3rd try if you get to say 1/4 teaspoon in a gallon and its still feeling fried we might have to have ya consult 1 of our supreme gurus

but i think 3 washes with the bars instead of liquid and a light to medium dose off jojoba should help alot

being fried and brittle is sort of the purpose of the dread perm..so u might have to expect a lil loss of progress as a result of trying to recover and save your hairs health

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarai Weideman
@sarai-weideman
10 years ago
2 posts

Awesome thank you i do have both the shampoo and the bar, i have been using the bar for like 2 weeks, i will find the jojoba oil and start the processes asap. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

soaring eagle said:

dread perms absolutely fry the hair now they will be brittle the lumps are loops those are a good thing..leave em be

now for the brittleless

no sea salt no baking soda acv if your using the dreadlockshampoo.com , shampoos u might want both the liquid and bars

use the bars till tghey are less brittle

u can correct the brittleness quicker but wuill slow or even reverse the progresssomewhat

although after 2 dread perms it might be an emergency and losing progress wouldbe better then losing hair and dreads

judge for yourself how desperately brittle they are and use jojoba accordingly very light minimal use if u can if however that still leaves them feeling fried try a slightly stronger mix

add just a lil to a rinse pour over head wait 2-3 min then 1/2 rinse by that i mean just a quick spray to help spread it through and rinse out enough that they dont feel oily but still leave enough in to nourish

start with like 10 drops to a gallon that weak double it ifthats not enough and again for a 3rd try if you get to say 1/4 teaspoon in a gallon and its still feeling fried we might have to have ya consult 1 of our supreme gurus

but i think 3 washes with the bars instead of liquid and a light to medium dose off jojoba should help alot

being fried and brittle is sort of the purpose of the dread perm..so u might have to expect a lil loss of progress as a result of trying to recover and save your hairs health

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form