Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the future of dreadlockssite and testers needed

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

its www.greentechnologyforums.com but thats the wrong skin on it right now ill change itreal quick

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 02:48:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

there..its a temporary domain for testing purposes to really testthe shops i need to set up the foxycart account buti think it should wait till its on the dreadlockssite domain

u can add dummy products now so we can style how the product listings will look

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

and i wzs going to say you shouldbe able to login using this sites login but request a new pass howebver i think u joined since i archived the data

--
Blue Swallow
@blue-swallow
10 years ago
9 posts

I was able to login, thanks! I joined this site a couple years ago, just wasn't able to participate until now so I did have a login over there already :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

good

there ya go then

its going to take a ton of reorganization and stuff im starting to think the 2 weeks goals a lil rough

i did have a member say hed help but was suposed to call me the next day and havent heard back yet

--
Blue Swallow
@blue-swallow
10 years ago
9 posts

I wish I was tech savvy and could help out in a real way. I did put a dummy listing up, for when it's needed.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

just added

alot more capabilities including a 'lifestream" that can be used to pull in all your other socian letworks activities wich supports like 40 networks so if you have a deviantart site or blogger or dozens of others your posts can auto post here...if desired you control whats posted where etc

added likes that also has a dislikes (if abusedd i can switch to just likes) it also alows logged out users to like or dislike again if abusedd i can switch to members only

i added disquss commenting so anyone with diquss accounts can discuss all items on there or here through there or just discuss ourt content with other discuss users

i added a player (wich wont work till we migrate andi add the ssl certificate) that lets you like or share music on facebook and it ads a embeded mysic player

umm what else did i add

i forget so guess you

ll have to wait and see

oh ofcourse i added a share like thingy so you can kike and shareyoir content all over

oh an image picker

when posting or using forms and such u can pick a picture out of your image browserr withoit having to go find the pic and get a url or reupload

umm

theres more

oh yes theability to sign up or login using something like 40 diferent services from facebook to paypal and a few russian ones and blogger and google and twitter and well you'll see the list when u login

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

things are progressing alot more smoothly now

all this time i was trying to adapt a skin designed for band promotion to our needs when i realized they had made 1 specificly for our type sites to move into

and now that im working in the new skin everythings progressing great and im way less overwhelmed and confused lol

so we need testers

we need ppl who use pcs tablets phones to test things out look for anything and everything that dont look right anything that doesnt wortk right try the profile customization try the music and vids uploads

but note

duriing development i have it in developer mode wich disables caching and makes it alot slower

once i am done and take it out of developer mode and the import process isnt running it will be much faster

oh and testers please have an eye for detail i mean if anything looks off by a single pixel i want to know ..i want it to be perfect

note i just switched to this an hour ago and im not done so it will be changing likely every few minutes

but every thing u see that i mightnit seed will help

i am workin my ass off and now i do feel we can get bacvk on schecule and have it ready in a couple weeks

although stuff like the groups etc will still be beinjg tweaked for a month or more

we are among the 1st 5 or 6 sites moving to this new system they are building alot of the tools around our needs ..and we are by far the biggest site taking part in this early beta phase

so forgive a lil imprerfections along the way over the nexst month or so

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

just did a speed test compating this main page to the new sites main page

guys...the diference is insane

new site once iu turned off developer mode loads in under 2 secons..1 load out of 15 was almost 3

this site was around 12-13

so everyone who ever had trouble with site slowness like rev nira in india ..that wont be a probolem ever again

we wil need to hold off on site tests till friday there are several things not working right yet on the back end

but its really shaping up

i am finaly getting the last of the test data up

the sites really shaping up

unfortunateky 1 of the things not yet working right is the menu is only visible to admins lol so you wont yet bhe able to access the key features and many of those links arent working right yet..

but its really coming together fast

i still got alot to do on the lil details of style but its getting there

im just blown away by how much faster it is

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

test import into new sites finaly complete

doing batch music and vid conversions wich will slow the site for the next few hours

there are a few usability glitches that should be fixed tomorow

at that time we will be ready for massive testing however not yet ready to go live

since we aree in the 1st 5 or 6 networks attempting this conversion process, and probably a thousand times larger then any other we are going to have to test tyhe hell out of it and find every lil glitchy

and there will be design issues at 1st as well

im still going to attempt the full upgrade process in just weeks but its likely to be closer to a month

--

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form