Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dry Scalp

Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

My scalp is incredibly dry! Like so much skin flaking off it at times bleeds. What would be the safest option (considering my dreads) to help with this?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

updated by @rain-gnome: 01/13/15 09:59:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

teatree and rosemary actualy id really recomend the teateee rosemary bar from dreadlockshampoo.com

how old are the dreads if mature a lil jojoba can help too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts
I have very sensitive skin and since I started dreading my scalp has become itchy as well. Is it possible that maybe you are allergic to whatever you are shampooing with? I used the baking soda/acv rinse for a while and it was very drying on me. I have also just found a spray for dreads that has oils in it to moisturize the scalp and get rid of the itches. I had problems with make up causing my eyelids top dry or so bad that they'd bleed. I was told to use hypo allergenic, which I was, or not wear it altogether. Since I stopped I haven't had the problem anymore. I feel like that was a little drawn out.....sorry, but that's what makes me think allergies. Good luck!
Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

My dreads are pretty new, really new actually. I've had the problem with dry scalp for years. With the weather getting colder and it being a desert where I live it's really dry hear so my scalp gets much worse. I just wanted to make sure that I use something that will work well with my dreads. Would it be bad to use coconut oil? I've had that suggested to me a few times but I've never actually tried it. I do use tea tree oil which is pretty nice. I'll have to add in the rosemary.

Ashalily
@ashalily
11 years ago
1 posts
I haven't started dreading my hair yet so I do not have experience with this as far as those go but I do know that diet can help as well as the suggested essential oils from Soaring Eagle. If you increase your healthy fats in your diet...whatever it is you're diet consists of (vegan, vegetarian,omnivore, what have you), choose fats such as salmon, tuna, coconut milk, olive oil or even cooking meats with the skin and bones intact for a higher boost of those fats and minerals. Fruits such as avocado are great and they have lots of vitamin e which is great for your skin. Basically, if you feed your body with higher amounts of saturated fats (monos and polys), vitamins and minerals and your omega fats (eggs, fish...) You'll boost the health of your skin too. Essestial oils will soothe and heal as well so a combination of adding oils through your diet and topically should really help! Just don't go trying to boost your fats with food like deep fried French fries in crap oils or something.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form