Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have begun my Journey :)

Monica2
@monica2
11 years ago
2 posts
I'm really excited about my journey. I do have one concern. I have extremely oily hair. I wash my hair in the morning and by the time I go to bed it's oily. My question is: how do I go about washing my hair? I know the site says 2-3 days but should I do it more often because of my type of hair? I really need some help!
updated by @monica2: 01/13/15 09:59:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

over washing causes excessive oiliness oils are healthy and essential to scalp and hair health (thats why black people need constant moisturizing because the oils dont travel down the hair without oils it gets dry an brittle and breaks off)

when yoiu strip oils too much the scalp rebels and goes into survival mode pumping out extra oil to compensate (much like if you stop eating to lose weight your body converts every bit of food you eat into fat in case you starve yourself again)

additionaly oily hairs more acidic..so

the key to reducing oiliness is..slowly ween yourself off daily washing..wash every 2 days for a couple weeks then every 3 etc till you can go 3-4 days with minumal oiliness

and wash with baking soda only no acv this will tip the ph away from the acidic side

once its no longer as oily switch to a dread shampoo..or slowly add acv to ballance the ph you dont want the ph going too far towards nutral or alkeline..just shift it some away from the acidic side

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Monica2
@monica2
11 years ago
2 posts
Thanks so much for the advice. I will do just that. I'll make sure to post pics of the progress.
Chris C.2
@chris-c2
11 years ago
12 posts

Sorry to kinda hijack this thread but I also have the same problem and im 6 months in. I can now go 2 days without washing and I been trying to get my scalp used to 3 days for the past 2 or 3 weeks and no change. I was just wondering if i should keep pushing or stick with 2 days? I feel like im loosing a lot of progress, especially in the areas that were barely knotted. PS the super oiliness is also caused by my really thin hair, I guess there is less hair to soak up all my oils

Oh and you could try using the famous dreadlocks shampoo most of the people on this site use and support. The tea tree bar helps a lot.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form