Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Hedghogzilla
@hedghogzilla
11 years ago
2 posts

I have not had my dreads long (maybe half a year) but i am totally in love with them, I'm in my final years of high school and today, whilst waiting for my friend in the bathroom, another friend pointed out a bug in my hair, after I begged her to get it out (I could not see the dread) she reluctantly got a tissue and pinched out what looked like a black beetle. It was far too big and not the right shape to be a head louse but still very very small compared to your average black beetle. One of my friends says she thought she saw another but it may have been her imagination. I've just got home and looked through as many dreads as I can in my badly lit mirror, I am yet to find another, When my mother gets home from work i will probably ask her to help me look through them. The beetle, I'm hoping, was just one that happened to get tangled up in my dreads by accident, but after hearing horror stories with bugs in dreads, i don't want to take risks and give potential invaders time to breed although i still don't know what the fuck it was, although i presume a very small beetle of sorts, maybe something else. I don't want to have to cut off my babies, and although i'm praying it was just a coincidence, my other friend mentioning that "she might of seen another" is weighing heavy on my mind. If i find any later today what do i do? even if i don't i'll probably want to do something to make sure that there is nothing in my hair. Can anyone give me advice? something i can wash my hair with? anything? I may be over reacting but honestly, i'd rather be safe than sorry and no one wants infested hair!! thank you in advance :)

updated by @hedghogzilla: 01/13/15 09:58:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

before you panic have mom check but it doesnt sound like anything to worry about it sounds like the type bug that could land in anyones hair or for that matter...anywhere

but if you check and do find something then we'll worry bout what to do (theres options )

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hedghogzilla
@hedghogzilla
11 years ago
2 posts

thankyou, I'll be sure to look carefully tonight :)
soaring eagle said:

before you panic have mom check but it doesnt sound like anything to worry about it sounds like the type bug that could land in anyones hair or for that matter...anywhere

but if you check and do find something then we'll worry bout what to do (theres options )

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

Dont fret love. One time I was checking my hair out in the bathroom, and a black beetle, moderatly sized?, crawled across my forehead hair line. I freaked the fuck out. No one has ever pointed out any bugs nor have I found anymore however, I think it just happens sometimes. Just like you occasionally find a spider in the house, ya know? If you find anymore tell Soaring Eagle. Peace and happy dreading!

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I wouldn't be concerned about it. I worked as a gardener for years, with big fat dreads, I had my head in and under shrubs all the time and never had any abnormal occurrences. Everyone gets a bug in their hair every now and then, dreads or not. Who knows how often we all get a bug on us, probable once a week at least. Perhaps next time you find one on you, take him outside carefully and wish him a nice day, and carry on with yours. :)

peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i have spent alot of time deep in the wilderness (had a praying mantis in my dreads most of the day i had a stone table with like 80 or more crystals on it when i woke and crawled out of my tent he was on the crystal slam and walked right iver up my foot onto my dreads to the top of my head

stayed there hours i went to the kitchen 1/2 mile away about he hopped off on a branch by the trail

hour later on way back hopped back on and stayed there)

i never had lice till i went to tulsa and just have a feeling i got em on the plane

i never had ticks either at drum circles people on either side of me would be picking off 15 or so and i never got 1..well no not true in 20+ years i got 1 in my bellybutton

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form