Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thin haiirr!

Niko Krupke
@niko-krupke
11 years ago
13 posts

Hellloo, all!! So, i'll just state I've been a victim of wax.. :(. Which made me have to completely pull out the 'knots' and that thinned out my hair. I'm not exactly sure how much it thinned out. But,I've been dreading naturally for about 3 months and it's been going okay. So far nothing is knotting up yet. Now I'm starting to think that maybe I don't have enough hair to have a 'nice' full head of dreads in the long run. I just want to make sure when my hair locks up i'm in this for good. I'm not saying I don't hair a descent amount of hair, I just look it other people with dreads and think I wont be able to have as big and as many locks as they do. I'm scared I might shave my head to restart.

The first photo attached is old picture with 'Waxed Dreadlocks'

The second photo is 3 months into 'Natural Locks'. Which that one side is most of the back and the side of my hair.

Thank you for any suggestions and opinions.

updated by @niko-krupke: 01/13/15 09:57:58PM
DreadfulScotty
@dreadfulscotty
11 years ago
19 posts

Your hair looks like it is doing well! It looks like strands are starting to make friends and clump together? Just leave them to do their thing.

A few things you could try to help them form:

• Spray them with a sea salt solution a few hours before washing (or better yet, swim in the ocean if you can).
  • Keep them free of oils, I don't know how often you wash your hair but clean hair dreads faster and try not to touch them that only spreads the oils!
  • Wear a wool hat

I'm glad to hear that you removed the wax! That stuff is a pain!

Niko Krupke
@niko-krupke
11 years ago
13 posts

Thank you! I have been washing my hair every 2 days. I don't see much clumping but yes the strands are finding their way into each other. I haven't thought about a hat. That's a good idea! Well thank you for your help.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well a wool pillowcase would do more then a hat

but they look thinner but fine they will dread up nicely

what are you washing with

how

how are you drying

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Natural locks take, on average, 1-2 years to mature. So you won't see that much going on right away. They look perfectly normal for 3 months. Better than mine did at that stage.

Just keep doing what you're doing and they will come together soon enough.

They already look like you've got some sectioning going on.

Sweet,
@sweet
11 years ago
133 posts

Your dreads will thicken when the roots of them start growing as the hairs that usually fall out daily will interlock. If you ever wanted to take your dreads out you just coat them with conditioner massaged in, then get a wide tooth comb and comb out, you could cut them half way but you would never have to shave. Your hair look like it will produce a nice full head of dreads :)

Niko Krupke
@niko-krupke
11 years ago
13 posts

What exactly does wool do to your hair? I've been using Dreadlockshampoo bar. been drying it with a towel, just damp it and then wait for the rest to dry.
soaring eagle said:

well a wool pillowcase would do more then a hat

but they look thinner but fine they will dread up nicely

what are you washing with

how

how are you drying

Niko Krupke
@niko-krupke
11 years ago
13 posts

Thank you for the support! Yes, there is sectioning. Just no initial knotting yet. Which I'm fine with, I just wanted to make sure I had enough hair for, I guess i'd say 'enough dreads'.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Wool is coarse. So it tends to help make your hair frizzy, promoting knots

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form