Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks Forums

surrendered backcomb

Tim5
@tim5
4 years ago
359 posts

This is where my dreads are at, at the moment. I wash with dreadlockshampoo, bars and liquid, I've been out of the liquid for a while. I havn't got much to say about them. I've got a few big ones, some sectioned themselves after the backcomb fell apart. Lots of undreaded hair, that is normal, that is a hair type thing.

peace


updated by @tim5: 01/13/15 09:56:02PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
4 years ago
1,302 posts

Hey Tim. Are those the ones you started in September 2012? If so, wow, they really locked up so fast. The assorted sizes look wicked on you, that's for sure. Thank for sharing, nice to see how they look now. I really gotta buy a plug for my camera so I can put them into the computer and upload some of mine.

Greetings to Australia.....peace

Tara C
@tara-c
4 years ago
645 posts

They look HUGE. Maybe they look thicker because they're short, or maybe they really are that thick, but WOW. Looking very cool! :)

Tim5
@tim5
4 years ago
359 posts

yeah, September 2012, I couldnt remember what month, then I remembered my profile, hehe. washin is definately a factor in the fast maturing, and Vicki's liquid shampoo, I washed pretty often in Summer, knowing that in Winter I'd only wash once week.

the Barrellady said:

Hey Tim. Are those the ones you started in September 2012? If so, wow, they really locked up so fast. The assorted sizes look wicked on you, that's for sure. Thank for sharing, nice to see how they look now. I really gotta buy a plug for my camera so I can put them into the computer and upload some of mine.

Greetings to Australia.....peace

Tim5
@tim5
4 years ago
359 posts

Yeah, they are pretty big, a few are going to be really big, but hey, thats cool with me.

Tara C said:

They look HUGE. Maybe they look thicker because they're short, or maybe they really are that thick, but WOW. Looking very cool! :)

taye
@taye
4 years ago
836 posts

Wow!! Fantastic dreads! Looking good Tim!! Are you gonna let them congo like the other set?

Tim5
@tim5
4 years ago
359 posts

Thanks Taye. No I don't think I will. But, as years go by I can imagine truly letting nature take its course, and not separating. At this stage, I will keep them separate like they are now.

peace

taye said:

Wow!! Fantastic dreads! Looking good Tim!! Are you gonna let them congo like the other set?

Tim5
@tim5
4 years ago
359 posts

Yeah, pretty much winter is a once a week wash at the moment. When I had much larger dreads, I didn't even wash that often, although I was in the sub tropics then, so winter was a little warmer than where i am now. they take a full day at least at the moment. But I just see that as normal. I think when they are years and years old I could wash just a couple times in winter, perhaps just do a deep clean or something.

All that separating in the early days just really wears me down, hehe, just kidding, I think I am just lazy, always picking up the banjo instead of separating or something, I'm a bad dready roll model.

peace

Robyn said:

Awesome :) my hair wants to make fatter locks and I have given up on trying to seperate quite a few of mine...how do you feel about the drying time? Bc that was my only concern before I gave up the seperating some of mine...I really love fat locks! And the summer time is easy but what about the winter?
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form