Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My locks are falling apart!

Niko Krupke
@niko-krupke
11 years ago
13 posts
I started locking my hair about a week ago and decided to wash it tonight and when I did a couple in the back completely fell apart. I'm not sure if I should have gave them more time. But the ones in the front are fine. I really don't know what to do.
updated by @niko-krupke: 01/13/15 09:55:45PM
Light Faerie ~
@light-faerie
11 years ago
34 posts

Don't worry, they will start locing up in time. Just leave them alone, don't comb your hair, & your hair will start knotting and that's when dreads will start forming.

As long as you wash your hair and be patient, you will be fine.

Happy dreading :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

how did u start but u know they re only a week old they are suposed to fa;ll apart alot over the 1st few months
just leave em be they will dread

but let us know what u had done to start em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

It happened to me alot at first too, and I was really unsure what to do about it. But in time, everything began to lock so well that I wonder why I was so scared to have ruined my dreads. Don't worry too much about it, even though worrying is part of the process of learning to let go ;)

Niko Krupke
@niko-krupke
11 years ago
13 posts

Thanks a lot guys! I started them by the 'Twist and rip'. Yeah they became very loose at the tips, well about half the lock. But i was using Dreadhead waxless shampoo (unfortunately). I ordered some new shampoo off of dreadlockshampoo.com though and will be continuing with that stuff.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form