Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

They've gone too far...

Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts

Knotty Boy has finally done it. They've pushed my buttons, beeped my booper and put a bee in my bonnet. This was one of the lines in their section for 'Concerned Parents':

'Many people who choose to let their hair lock without the use of products like the Knotty Boy Dread Wax , which helps dramatically speed up the long process, will stop washing their hair because they believe the buildup of natural oils is good for starting dreads.'

This is absolutely ridiculous, in my entire time researching and being interested in dreads (Around 2 and a half years) I've heard of TWO people who don't wash their hair and even then they thoroughly rinse with water and actively try to reduce the amount of natural oils in their hair. This is like saying 'The only alternative to using our products is to stop washing your hair.' which is an outright lie. I don't know how we can get them to change this section of their website as they almost always refuse feedback from anyone who isn't a happy customer. Does anyone have any ideas?

Peace

updated by @jayke-watson: 01/19/15 11:14:41PM
Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts

It gets worse, I just found this as well, 'Love dreadlocks, but don't love the look, smell or amount of time it can take for them to lock on their own? Try taking the dread out of dreadlocks with Knotty Boy Dread Wax!'

Again, implying any dreads that don't use their wax looks horrible, smells bad and takes a long time! (Which admittedly natural locks do but it's worth it).

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

how can you change em by using our dreadheadh1/knottyboy reviews page

on google sea=rch dreadheadhq it comes up number 3

searck knottyboy number 10

but search dreadheadhq reviews knottyboy reviews dreadheadhq vs knottyboy knotyboy vs dreadheadhq it comes uo number 1

use it alot if the number of complaints are overwhelming hundreds of bad reviews that will have to change thier tune or perish

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts

I know that getting more traffic to that page will help but I can't really just spam nonsense on there or I'll be just as bad as them and I'm not a customer of either of them so I have no reason to post there. I may go through and love/comment on everything though that might work.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well was just meant for other former victims theres ni shortage of them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Ugh, seriously? And here I thought KB was the lesser of the two evils...

(compared to DHHQ)

stewart
@stewart
11 years ago
8 posts

Take the fight to them do a youtube vid of someone who has used their products trying/struggling to remove their wax, and tag them and all other producers of such products in the video. :)

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Same as Laura, I thought they were the lesser of two evils, but obviously just as bad. Very frustrating. I'm going to email them I think.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form