Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sussis T&R timeline 3 years

Evie
@evie
12 years ago
12 posts

Thanks so much for posting this. So great to see how they're evolving. I'm just embarking on my dread journey again, tentatively. Got a few natural dreads left from earlier in the year, which I love, but I combed out my 6mths natural dreads as went for a job in the health service, and just didn't feel happy in them anymore. Not sure what was going on with my head at the time! So back we go again...

updated by @evie: 07/23/15 03:16:09AM
Sussi
@sussi
12 years ago
84 posts

Thank you Georgina!

I use rubber bands for the shape, or rather, to have unblunted ends. I'm not sure if it will help, but I'm going to try. :-) My hair doesn't"eat" the bands, but I stillcheck them daily to make sure thatthey are still ok. The minute they get sticky I remove them and I never leave them in for more than 3-4 weeks. I do leave my wraps and beads in longer, but never the rubber bands.

I have a dread in the back of my neck that Ithought would never dread. I tried T&R and back combing but it just fell out. So Ileft it alone andnow it has dreaded on it's own. Patience is key! Check out Ixchels photos. I don't know anyone with more patience and now her hair is knotting up. :-)

I'mnot worried about the loose hairs,check outAnnas dreadlocks here: http://www.galapril.com/2012/08/dip-dye-dreadlocks.html . I think her dreads are sobeautiful and she has lots of loose hair.

Georgina said:

They look great!. Why do you use the rubber bands?, for keeping certain shape?. Mine are getting quite funny shapes, I have one with a kind of circular tip, another one split in two tips, another one has blunt tip but also a whispy tip (two in one, really weird). And also I have looooot of loose hairs. Mine are already tight, but I don't know how tight is enough; some are really really compact, so I don't know if my loose hair is gonna join to them.

Actually I left some side bags loose, and believe me, I haven't brushed them and they just don't knot. I believe my hair is just not meant to know naturally :(

Sometimes I think about brush them out, I'm about to have 6 months and they look super messy. But then I come to your timeline and see how you embrace the stages and how patient you are and I think about keep going.

Yours look so cool!.

Sussi
@sussi
12 years ago
84 posts

Thank you, Evie! I hope you will be happier with your dreads this time around. I'm looking forward to follow your progress. :-)

Evie said:

Thanks so much for posting this. So great to see how they're evolving. I'm just embarking on my dread journey again, tentatively. Got a few natural dreads left from earlier in the year, which I love, but I combed out my 6mths natural dreads as went for a job in the health service, and just didn't feel happy in them anymore. Not sure what was going on with my head at the time! So back we go again...

Jaimie Nadeau
@jaimie-nadeau
12 years ago
10 posts

I love the shrinkage you got! and the crazy loopage and the frizziness. You are just absolutely beautiful!! Amazing timeline.

Marq Mutant
@marq-mutant
12 years ago
16 posts
I love your hair and your timeline is like music to the ears of the impatient lock farmer as I like to refer to my self
Sussi
@sussi
12 years ago
84 posts

Aww, thanks Jaimie and Marq, glad you enjoy my timeline.Your comments really make me happy. :-)

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

I still get babies like you showed in your 7 month update! :)

Sussi
@sussi
11 years ago
84 posts

I've updated my timeline. :-)

Sussi
@sussi
11 years ago
84 posts

My timeline is updated with photos. It's now been 16 months since I started my journey and I'm loving every step of the way. Plenty of new babies that I try to keep seperated and plenty of loose hair, just the way it's supposed to be. :-)

Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

Your hair is progressing beautifully!!! You look lovely my dear!!!!

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form