Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Purkurr´s neglect method

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

your far from ugly:/ your just going through a down time. i've been there. if you reallytrulywant dreads than you'll get through it. from the pictures here it looks like your hair was made for dreadlocks. they look really lovely and i'm sure in a few months you'll think differently about them. if you still want to comb them out then just know we're all here to offer love and support. {{{{hugs}}}}

updated by @heather: 07/10/15 08:14:10AM
Jackie C.
@jackie-c
12 years ago
34 posts

Here's another hug for you, Purkurr! :) I heard someone else on here say that month 4 is the hardest because of the messiness. I've gotten a little freaked-out by mine lately, but just the other day I got a "nice dreads" comment from a complete stranger. I think we can be really self-critical and not see things very accurately. Much love!

Purkurr
@purkurr
12 years ago
44 posts

Aww, thank you Jackie C.!

It's not the messiness, it's theshrinkagewhich is almost literally driving me mad. :( Ugh!!

Purkurr
@purkurr
12 years ago
44 posts

Hey that sounds really interesting.. how do you make it and what herbs do you use?

kris acosta said:

nice, i ought to try that nettle method sometime. i started making my own organic/herbal rinse at home, along with a baking soda/cool water cleansing.works wonders i tell you...well good to know your dreads are looking up.

Purkurr
@purkurr
12 years ago
44 posts

Well, as some you might have noticed, I've had a really rough week dread-wise this week. I just quickly took some photos to actually show what's happening.

Sorry, I just came out of the shower, so I don't exactly look at my best, but what the heck.. also the lightning could be better, after all it's 11 pm here..

updated by @purkurr: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

those look great

Purkurr
@purkurr
12 years ago
44 posts

Ok, I took better pics with decent lighting.. So this month my dreads will be 5 months old. This is the longest time I've had dreads.

In the photos.. I have opened a couple of dreads and the hair is very oily, that's why my hair looks a bit funny. Well, it is funny anyway.

I basically don't know what to do at the moment. All day at work I had only one thing on my mind: get back home to comb dreads out, but here I am not doing anything. I just put more beads in. I feel really uncomfortable in this hair, but then again.. why do I have to be so superficial and care too much how I look? So here I go, one day at a time, I suppose.

updated by @purkurr: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
C-Roome
@c-roome
12 years ago
15 posts

Part of being a true dready is not caring what you look like. Or what people think about how you look, rather.
Shed your ego. :)

Tazz
@tazz
12 years ago
17 posts

looking good. and it is a cute pimple! lol. ahh man i can remember the days when i used to get pimples. hell i still get one occasionally here or there -_-

progress looks great. be patient! :)

/ 4
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form