Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Neglect Dread Timeline from day 1 (naturally curly)

Patty Haynes
@patty-haynes
13 years ago
39 posts

I will check that out thanks...When I started a month ago it was hard to find timelines from day 1 for the natural method with no starter method. I was a little nervous not knowing what to expect the first couple of weeks so I thought this might help someone decide. I included my most current pics. Somedays I feel like I am making no progress and then others I feel like i am getting somewhere. Either way I like the way my hair looks now better than before I stop messing with it. Maybe its just acceptance of my natural look. I never wore it down it was always in a ponytail or cut short.

Sean Jones said:

Au Natural! I like it!

Have you ever tried Urielpure's Best Dreds for the itch? I don't like the smell of the vinegar and it kind of burns me.

Urielpure Best Dreds

How long are you looking to keep score with this?

updated by @patty-haynes: 07/23/15 07:27:45PM
Patty Haynes
@patty-haynes
13 years ago
39 posts

Nothing like clean baby dreads ;)

Day 34

Patty Haynes
@patty-haynes
13 years ago
39 posts

one week shy of 2 months.

Its been a while since I have been on so I thought I would update. I am feeling a little burn out, my impatience is getting to me. I still cant believe that my hair looks the same as when I started. Maybe its because I am used to seeing it. You would think after 2 months of not combing it would look like a hot mess, but alas most people would never guess that a brush hasnt touched my hair. I still find it strange that I want it to look crazy. Oh yeah I started growing rosemary and basil (I simmer it and use a rosemary/basil rinse, my scalp and skin in general has been driving me crazy with flaking lately).

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

they are looking so great! is appropriate to say, good work? lol

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

just wait. it took me 4 months before i saw my first knot. it will happen.

Patty Haynes said:

one week shy of 2 months.

Its been a while since I have been on so I thought I would update. I am feeling a little burn out, my impatience is getting to me. I still cant believe that my hair looks the same as when I started. Maybe its because I am used to seeing it. You would think after 2 months of not combing it would look like a hot mess, but alas most people would never guess that a brush hasnt touched my hair. I still find it strange that I want it to look crazy. Oh yeah I started growing rosemary and basil (I simmer it and use a rosemary/basil rinse, my scalp and skin in general has been driving me crazy with flaking lately).

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

Oh Patty I think it's looking super! all those great defined sections will dread soon enough'] Peace, Chica & xo!

Volchitsa
@volchitsa
13 years ago
4 posts

They're coming along wonderfully!
We have similar hair textures, and I just started, but I hope I'm as lucky as you've been. :)

Butterfly
@butterfly
13 years ago
56 posts

Hey Patty, I've been going through the same thing except it's been 4 months for me. I finally asked my mom how my hair looks and she said it looks nice, why? lol. I said NICE???? (it was a mess in my opinion) and I said you think it looks nice???? She said well maybe you just need to run a brush through it but otherwise it looks fine, lol. I told her I hadn't brushed it in like 3 months at that time. So that's when we had the whole dreadlocks discussion, blah blah blah. My hair gets into little sections like yours. I call them little ropes. But then when I wash it the ropes seem to wash out and change again. Occasionally I will see a hair that loops like you describe but other than that I have nothing else happening. Apparently it is going to take a lot longer than I realized.

Thanks for posting your journey. I think it's helpful for people to see the process no matter where they are in their journey. Hang in there!!!

/ 4
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form