Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just getting started

HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts

Here is my latest crappy self portrait.I am about six or seven weeks into this now. My hair is still changing day to day. It is so funny that my hair now has it's own personality.The back is still resisting joining the party but I think time and growth will help that. Some of the under layers are quite short. Plus I do not sleep on my back so I do not get friction back there.
updated by @healingamungthetrees: 07/23/15 03:56:53PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
that is normal you can get a few dreads here n there then they slowly fill in to everywhere7 weeks isnt that long but theyre doin pretty good so far

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
why do you ask about the fit of the hat?What is more ideal, loose or tight? soaringeagle said:
what r u washing wioth how and how often are u using any sea salt sprays or anything else
do u wear a wool hat at times is it loose or tight

sometimes figuring out whats going on is in the minor details like that

ah and timewise how longs it been

also..any oiliness?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well..i believe semi loose, it should be snug so they can move inside but also get a lil compression..a tight beenie though ..or du rag (however thats spelled) i bel;ieve will limmit motion too much and squish em flatgood tam they should fill nicely but still be able to move lil Didjeridurian said:
why do you ask about the fit of the hat?

What is more ideal, loose or tight?

soaringeagle said:
what r u washing wioth how and how often are u using any sea salt sprays or anything else
do u wear a wool hat at times is it loose or tight

sometimes figuring out whats going on is in the minor details like that

ah and timewise how longs it been

also..any oiliness?

--
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
Last night I got annoyed with my bangs. I did a little twisting and ripping to them. Now they lay in with the rest of my hair. Much better! Now if I could only decide if I want to dye my gray hair patch or not.Oh and here is a little guy I saw at the fair. Even sheep wanna go dready ;) Of course I think he might need a washing, lots of straw stuck in his dreads!

updated by @healingamungthetrees: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
im sure those are his leftovers for when he is hungry later :)
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
Things are still morphing and changing. Oddly enough the back of my hair is the thing that never seems to change. It is still undready for the most part. Actually it is not too odd, some of the bottom layers are just too short still. The top layer should dread up though, it is long enough. Oh well this is not a race, it will happen in time.I have a couple wonky dreads that make me laugh. I pretty much always wear a headband, scarf or bandana. On each side I have these weird crooked shaped dreads resulting from whatever I have tied on my head that day. They look like insect legs.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
those will be your faves when mature :)

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form