Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just getting started

HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
Ha ha...I have a funny loop sticking up near my head band. This is 12 days.

updated by @healingamungthetrees: 02/14/15 07:56:31AM
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
I think they are looking really good, keep it up. I assume you are going natural. are you going to let your bangs dread over time, or just keep them straight?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
adorablethe loops add charachter12 days and theyre showing decent progressgood job (or well lack thereof since i think u are going natural?)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
My hair is super super super straight and I can go weeks with out combing or brushing with out even the slightest tangle (yes I know that for a fact) so I had to help them get started with a little back combing, and twist and rip action. I could not get the back done very well so the back is more or less natural.
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
Oh and For now I am keeping the bangs. Eventually I will probably grow them out and let them get into the mix but I kind of got used to them over the last year that I have had them. Plus if I stop dying my hair they hide my big gray patch.
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts

It amazes me how fast things change!!! Just day to day I can see changes. The back of my hair feels like it is locking up nicely now. There is one baby in the back that I think is one of my best.I have a lot of loose hair and look pretty fuzzy but I can tell that things are doing naturally what they should do. Some babies are coming apart and some are joining together. I was kind of worried a couple days ago because everything seemed to be falling apart on me and I had a bunch of loose hair shedding out which had not happened since I started the process.It really is a journey and a process!
updated by @healingamungthetrees: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
The journey continues and I have stumbled into another phase of frustration. Right now I look more like I forgot to comb my hair rather than purposefully not combing my hair. The back seemed to be making progress and then BOOM I swear everything loosened up and now it is just a fuzz fest back there with like two baby dreads.I am staying the course and letting it go.......
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
what r u washing wioth how and how often are u using any sea salt sprays or anything elsedo u wear a wool hat at times is it loose or tightsometimes figuring out whats going on is in the minor details like thatah and timewise how longs it beenalso..any oiliness?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
Lets see....I don't have a wool hat to wear. They are kind of hard to come by in Florida ;) When I go up to Vermont next week I will have to hit up the shops.I have tried spritzing some salt water on my hair.My hair is not oily but sometimes if I go out I get quite sweaty. I do not have a/c in the van and it is 90+ here on a regular basis.I wash with Dr. Bronner's lavendar all in one bar soap once a weekIt has been a little over 20 days, not long at all, like I said I am not patient!I don't expect some of the back of my hair to lock because the underneath is too short because of the hair style I had before. The top layers however are long enough.
Cassandra Croswell
@cassandra-croswell
15 years ago
17 posts
Very Nice
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form