Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

so i went to vote today..and

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

so today i went out to vote at the polling place right behind myhiuse i get there and im greatted by a very freindly dude whos like i love your dreadlocks how long have you been growing them etc etc and he then hands me some dem pamphlets and goes on talking to me bout dreads asks where i lived since hes lived here all his life but never saw me around town etc

then another dude i hadnt even noticed steps up hand extended and hands me some repub pamphlets and says and heres the repub side if you care theres a trash can right here when you come out if you dont want to keep them i let him hand it to me then handed it right back saying you can toss it now i wont need it that long and just like that he faded back out into the shadows defeated almost like he was never really there

after voting again on the way out had a rel nice but short conversation with the friendly ..and hopeful guy ..and the other i can only assume was still there but didnt say a word or even make an impression as being a living breathing thing...

it was like he saw i had dreads so wasnt a mindless robot zombie whod be easiy convinced tio pull the red lever withoit thought so figured why bother trying

anyway just thought id share this odd lil experience

i would imagine it would have been similar had i been black hispanic female gay or showed up wearing anything but a suite and tie..lol

anyone else have simular experieces at the polls today?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:39:20PM
amethyst777
@amethyst777
12 years ago
95 posts

That's awesome SE!
Besides President Obama getting re-elected YAY!
I just wanted to say..

The female body has ways of shutting the whole thing down!!!!!!!!
This is a victory for all women!

Citizens United Loses! Women and Minorities Win!

Gay Marriage wins in 4 out of 4 States

Wisconsin elects the first openly lesbian U.S. Senator

NH is the first state in the US to have all women congressional and gubernational representatives

Hawaii elected the first Asian-American Women to the Senate.

Early reports that women out-voted men 2:1

DreadfulAmenita
@taby
12 years ago
80 posts

Your story made me smile. :) I can't help but smile today! Woohoo! My husband did pass Adam West here in FL and called him a traitor out the car window. He chased the car, red-faced and cussing. I don't know how well known he is elsewhere, but that is one really big douchebag who didn't get elected! Good for you standing up for what you believe! I think the only people who aren't hard-core Republican here in Boca are those very few with dreads... and those who are working for a living.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha it was funny saje thing with all the phone calls i got alotta union and other groups calling supporting obama being real friendly and all then 1 day i get a call please vote romney needs yoir votes are u going to vote for romney? i respond hell no im not insane why would i vote for that asshole..so he just hung up on me minutes later i got another and another but the rest were all those "robocalls" all with outright lies and bullshit ..and the "protection of marriage" shit that only made me more sure i wanted to vote against him

robocalls..good way for republican non thinking robots to communicate

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DreadfulAmenita
@taby
12 years ago
80 posts

:) Definitely agree with you!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form