Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The "dreaded" work vs dreads question.

Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
lol@ the fairy....I'm sure that is so adorable!!! =DYep, right now I'm doing some "alternative marketing" for a non-profit. Did computer repair, musician(never got paid but free rent for 4 months works too)....I always push to learn new things that are fun to me and other people may need. Right now I have a lot to do just am lacking the motivation to do it. =/It could be something at awesome as picking up a paint brush and doing murals. Something as small as washing windows, mowing lawns, detailing cars, djing at parties. You don't even have push your work directly to individuals, small businesses love contract work. You can take pics of properties for real estate companies.... So many different things... soaringeagle said:
i agree completely\
last boss i had was when i was 18
(well no i did a year as a vista in an office), but other then that been self employed or livin without the need for a job most of my life
i have often dine thinfgs i could get paid to do but didnt wanna though.. and ran a non profitr and never made a cent..but i dont like money much i dont need money much so was never too concerned with it
the "job" i loved most was making jewlery and thats all i did for many years

i have a freind who loved to cook..macrobiotics.. and that became her business, going into rich ppl's homes who were intertested in healthy diets but too lazxy to cook and shed cook for em..she got so bust with her biz we hardly ever saw her

anything u like doing normaly in everyday life u can market..i know 1 woman whos self employed and her job description is "fearie" she dresses up like a fairy and entertains at kids parties..
Didjeridurian said:
2 words

Self employment!

That used to seem like a far fetched idea but these days with the market like it is it is actually more practical than finding a steady job.
Just start a business for yourself while you are in this one. Its not really that hard. Think about what you actually enjoy doing and that you are naturally good at. Then think of an angle in which that skill is needed by a certain demographic of people.
Fact is it may never take off enough to fully support you but if you do a few different things that you like to do instead of one big thing that makes you crazy you will be much happier.
Also if you diversify your income streams, when one dies down you can transfer your eggs to another basket for a while until things balance out again.
I see people wasting time every day doing things for free that most people would be more than happy to pay for. Even if you are doing a Not For Profit you still need to consider that in order to keep the orgnization alive you need to account for your own living expenses.
Self - employment means that you cannot lose your job. If it starts to fizzle out you have the opportunity to fix/improve/adjust/evolve your business in whatever creative way you like.
I know you can do it as long as you are confident and level headed about it.
Most people complain about their jobs but they spend their off time doing nothig about it. We all are capable of doing whatever we want to do if we take the responsibility to create it ourselves instead if waiting around for it to be offered to us.
Good Luck with whatever you choose

updated by @spider-feet: 07/16/15 08:19:26AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
chevy wants to get a second bus that will fund the travelin in the 1st buswith the second shed drive from bar to bar taking drunks on a cuircuite then home so they wont hafta drink and driveshed collect 10$ a person, plus the bars will kick in a weekly ammount for bring in customersfelicia fairy http://www.myspace.com/felicityfairy http://www.myspace.com/fyrefaery see anything can be a job

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
We have a guy around here that drives around in a converted school bus and does parties on the bus. soaringeagle said:
chevy wants to get a second bus that will fund the travelin in the 1st bus
with the second shed drive from bar to bar taking drunks on a cuircuite then home so they wont hafta drink and drive
shed collect 10$ a person, plus the bars will kick in a weekly ammount for bring in customers

felicia fairy http://www.myspace.com/felicityfairy
http://www.myspace.com/fyrefaery

see anything can be a job
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
we also thought of doing a primitive vacation adventuretie a few tipis to the roof and head for the national forrestsbring only a few staples, potatoes rice spices and everything else wed eat wed harvest from the forrest cook over a fire and really getr away from babylon awhileits kinda what we do anyway so why not take others along and charge em? Puppy said:
We have a guy around here that drives around in a converted school bus and does parties on the bus.

soaringeagle said:
chevy wants to get a second bus that will fund the travelin in the 1st bus
with the second shed drive from bar to bar taking drunks on a cuircuite then home so they wont hafta drink and drive
shed collect 10$ a person, plus the bars will kick in a weekly ammount for bring in customers

felicia fairy http://www.myspace.com/felicityfairy
http://www.myspace.com/fyrefaery

see anything can be a job

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I'd be down for doing that. It sounds awesome.
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
I guess I am just feeling worried because it's hard enough to get jobs right now... I always do my job 200% I was nervous to ask my current boss about getting them but she thinks they are cool.. I guess I am ranting alittle because she can't make up her mind about keeping her practice or not... I have a pretty sweet set up and it pays great!I think there maybe a little more going on in my brain because I am living at home right now and my mother is driving me bonkers... but I will save that for a blog/rant post.Thanks again for the tips... I am really looking forward to this weekend and the Franchise show I hope I get some really good ideas and find some unique opportunities.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form