Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Not dread related but I am so scared I am gonna lose my little brother.... Help!

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Hi! This is my first post on this forum but i happened upon this thread and just felt the need to weigh in a bit, i hope you all don't mind. I've been clean from heroin from 8 years now and while i was using everyone around me tried everything they could to force me to get straight but the reality of it is you can't make anyone get sober. As much as you might want to. I don't want to be a downer and i think you should be there for your brother as much as possible, but you can't make him get clean and STAY clean. Even if you were to force him into treatment (as my parents did to me) or try and get his girlfriend away from him, as my parents did to me with my BF at the time (who is now my husband of 7 years) I fear You will only give him and his GF a common enemy to fight against. He needs to come to this on his own and your best bet is by being supportive and understanding in a non threatening way. After all the help i was offered the only reason my hubby and i got clean was because we got pregnant with our first son. Try and get him out of his denial and open up the lines of communication. I have been on both sides of this horrible mess and i know how truly difficult it is. I wish you and your family the best. I hope i didn't overstep or ramble too long *Much Love*
updated by @naturalwomyn: 07/19/15 03:15:41AM
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
Update:Well after the intervention I had with my parents to get them to see what was going on and then another one with the rest of the family not much was "done". My aunt, uncle and cousins felt like my parents didn't think it was a big deal or all that worried about it. We met with them on the Friday before Mothers Day and then my parents went home and talked to my brother and made the plan to get a drug test MONDAY morning!! ( If someone made the effort to get together as a family and express their concern for my son and his potential drug use lord knows his ass would have been there that night!) Then when they get there Monday morning and can't get it with out a Doctors note cuz they went to Sonoran Qwest (doctors orders only) rather than one where you can go and just pay cash...Meanwhile this particular weekend being mothers day and the fact that I was beyond upset that they weren't taking this seriously and the fact that I was an emotional stressed out wreck for the whole week before it i decided to not speak to anyone in my family that weekend. This of course made my mother very upset but I was trying to make a point that I was VERY serious about this whole matter and didn't appreciate them taking it so lightly. So Monday morning I get a nasty voicemail from my mom pissed that they got up early and couldnt get the test with out a doctors order (as if I had said they could, I said I didn't know and that they should call to check) I promptly give them the info I found about where to get one with out it but instead (and rather irresponsibly as parents i might add) While they are at work my brother goes to Walgreens and gets a home test. with out any adult supervision what so ever to prove that it was him that took the test they accept those results ( He tested positive for Pot and Exstacy but neg for Heroin and Meth which my parents knew about) and have washed their hands of it it seems... He seems to be doing alright my parents are making him and his girlfriend get more involved around the house and they aren't allowed to hole up in his room like before... His birthday was this past Sunday (May 23rd) he turned 19. I told them that I would accept this only if they promised that if he slips up once that he immediately gets a hair test no questions or bullshitting around... Im not thrilled at how lightly this was taken and that they seemed to be "okay" with the fact that others noticed something and that their son might have a drug problem.. I just hope he was never actually doing Heroin or Meth. Because If he was and he see's how easy he got off the hook he might get worse... and it will only be more difficult the older he gets.BTW I really appreciate the support and advise from everyone. I don't have internet at home so it's difficult to respond from my phone to everyone. Thank you and Love and Peace to all!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form