Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Big Girl Dreads

Nicole V.
@nicole-v
11 years ago
4 posts
I've found that dreads are quite complimentary on ladies like us that are curvaceous. Personally, I always hated how my hair looked until I tossed out my brush. Something about the voluminous nature of dreads helps balance the figure as a whole.
updated by @nicole-v: 07/23/15 03:23:00PM
amethyst777
@amethyst777
11 years ago
95 posts

I'm about the same size as you Jackie, but about 1.5in taller. I think we rock. I prefer curvacious women (not a come on.. lol..) My GF is beautiful and the love of my life.

I have no issue at all with my weight. Do I wish I was thinner? Well... I wish I was in a little better shape, but even at my smallest and best, I was never thin. I used to do really physical work (drove a concrete mixer and worked concrete). I weighed about the same, I was just a little firmer (and younger) ;)

I have noticed that a lot of people (men and women) with dreadlocks are thin, a lot of them are also vegetarians, or follow some type of veggi-type diet. Maybe that's why we aren't so easy to find. I'm not ready to give up my steak just yet though. Who knows what the future holds for me though. I do feel a growing need to be more in-tune with my body, and pay more attention to what I put in it :). Still, on the weight issue, I'm more concerned with being healthy than being "thin".

We really need a group. I'll try to work on that when the baby goes to bed tonight :) I excited to think of all the things we could discuss openly without any judgement.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

There is a member on this site, Vickie, and she is the creator of Dreadlockshampoo.com. Yes, they sell dragons blood. All of her products work excellent in hard water! Many out there do not. What can I say about her stuff? Awesome Awesome Awesome

Jackie Turner said:

Yeah I don't have very mature dreads. They are only a few months old. I'm trying to make sure they stay healthy though. That's why I always ask so many questions but I have tried to cut back on that because I was asking way too many at once lol. I only use the baking soda and acv to wash and I started washing every few days instead of every two weeks. I am looking into some soap shops on etsy if you guys have any suggestions. I really like dragon's blood but I can't find anyone that sells a dragon blood soap. Underneath my top layer all of my hair is dreaded great and in big long knots and the ends are even starting to blunt but the top layer of my hair is taking forever to catch up! I was thinking that using a soap bar may help with that.

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

AH! You rock!

amethyst777 said:

I'm about the same size as you Jackie, but about 1.5in taller. I think we rock. I prefer curvacious women (not a come on.. lol..) My GF is beautiful and the love of my life.

I have no issue at all with my weight. Do I wish I was thinner? Well... I wish I was in a little better shape, but even at my smallest and best, I was never thin. I used to do really physical work (drove a concrete mixer and worked concrete). I weighed about the same, I was just a little firmer (and younger) ;)

I have noticed that a lot of people (men and women) with dreadlocks are thin, a lot of them are also vegetarians, or follow some type of veggi-type diet. Maybe that's why we aren't so easy to find. I'm not ready to give up my steak just yet though. Who knows what the future holds for me though. I do feel a growing need to be more in-tune with my body, and pay more attention to what I put in it :). Still, on the weight issue, I'm more concerned with being healthy than being "thin".

We really need a group. I'll try to work on that when the baby goes to bed tonight :) I excited to think of all the things we could discuss openly without any judgement.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form