Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

MOUSE-IJUANA

mouseijuana
@mouseijuana
11 years ago
1 posts

WHATS HAPPNIN IM 2 1/2 YEARS DREADING I HAD YARN OVER MY MY DREADS FOR A YEAR AND NOW ARE LOCKED...IVE ONLY HAD THEM TWISTED 4 TIMES BY 3 DIFFERENT PEOPLE AT A SALON BUT AS OF NOW IAM IN CALIFORNIA LA ....I RECENTLY HAD A VERY WEAK DREAD BEING YANKED BY DIFFERENT DREADS BREAK AT THE ROOT AND NOW HAVE A SMOOTH PATCH IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD... THE SPOT WAS ITCHY FROM THE DAY I HAD DREADS .....THE HAIR HASNT GROWN BACK FOR A FEW WEEKS NOW AND AM VERY SCARED I WENT TO THE DOC AND THEY SHOT CORTISONE IN THE PATCH AND SAID TO COME BACK IN 2 WEEKS ...THE FEMALE DOCTOR SUGGESTED I TAKE THE DREADS OUT AND I FEEL AS IF SHE MIGHT HAVE A BIEST OPINION ON DREADS I HAVENT HAVE MY ROOTS TWISTED IN OVER A MONTH SO I FEEL SHE SAW MY ROOTS BEING PULLED AND THE LAST THING I WANNA DO IS LOOSE MY DREADS OR GO BALD FROM HAVING DREADS!!!! PLEASE SOME ONE IF U CAN HELP ME WITH SOME INFO THANKS AGAIN BLESS

updated by @mouseijuana: 01/13/15 09:51:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

purwe and simple stay away from locticians and ;"shops" never ever ever twist them

u dont look blaclk so whoever twisted them to begin with was criminaly negligent because twisting only works in black african hair ..and even then they end up bald

cortisone shots? the dr is a quack

its not going to grow back in 2 weeks

the twisting did serius harm

wash wash wash with a good dreads shampoo

after u wash massage the scalp with somethig like pepeermint and cinimon essential oils mixed in a lil jojoba

u need to stimulare bloodflow

not twisten in a month..do u mean u twisted more often then monthly?

if u twisted 4 times a year its too much

its going to take minumum 3-6 months to see hair regrowth

3 months till the roots are loose enough to alow proper dreading and to alow th scalp to start to recover

u dont need to take out the dreads..just loosen the roots and stay away from salons

in fact..demand a refunsd and medical expenses ..its the only way they will ever learn not to do this

as long as u stay the hell away from salons they will be fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

theres no according to hair tyoe about it.. twisting will cause traction alopecia in any hair type

the only diference is twisting will "work" only in kinky african haor

Justin said:

Was the cortisone for anything other than swelling or inflammation? I'm not medically trained but it seems they should have given you a reason for the shot or any follow-ups. That aside, leave your dreads alone friend. They need no maintenance whatsoever. Twisting is extremely bad for your locks, your scalp and is most likely the cause of your breakage. Depending on your hair type, twisting can cause traction alopecia which can lead to balding. At 2 1/2 years you shouldn't have to do anything other than wash and separate. I'm sure others will chime in but if you have any other questions, the dreaducation tabs at the top of the page will most likely contain your answers.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

The reason this happened to you was BECAUSE you went to a salon and had them twist 4 times. That is why this site is against all salons, there are so many unfortunate horror stories of members dreads and scalp being damaged. Please, for the sake of your, don't get it done again, Just let them be. Soaring Eagle, founder of this site has had his for 22+ years, and not one has broken off, his are all natural baby. Please read the following link.: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/salon-dread-guide-if-you-must

Roots should never be tight to the scalp, with mature dreads they should have about 1" of looseness, this allows the dreads to move without causing damage to the scalp. I am truly sorry to hear what has happened to you. The path to correcting it is to never have any maintenance done to them again, Oh yeah, you do not need to cut them off, just let them be.....good luck....peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form