Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What up?...again

P Aji
@p-aji
11 years ago
5 posts

Technically I'm not new because I joined the site back in July last year and that was when I had 3 inches of hair and wondering how I should start.

I got dreadlocks for a number of reasons:

It is a way to free yourself from always being concerned about "looking good" Our beauty is not defined by our physical looks alone, but our hearts(passion) and souls(personality). Beautiful things God gave us.

I got tired of spending $12 every two weeks to cut my hair. That was February 2012 when I got my last hair cut.

Started growing an afro (I have hair straight from Africa: super curly/kinky) till November 2012 where it was 4.5in long (The plan was to wait till January 2013 so it was 6in but got impatient because maintaining an afro is super annoying. Always have to pick your hair out every hour and buy all these conditioners)

I had my cousin twist my hair with a light locking gel and after that I just let my hair do what it wants. She did two strand twist (I looked like Roger from Sister Sister the first day lol.)

Since african hair naturally defies gravity, my dreads haven't lied down yet (except when I wash my hair)

It's been 5 months. They're about 5inches on top, 3.5 inches in the side and 4 inches at the back. (My hair is stupid and doesn't grow even all around. My afro looked stupid...)

The plan is to never cut my hair again :)

updated by @p-aji: 01/13/15 09:51:29PM
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Welcome back! Pahaha, I definitely had you beat -- spent anywhere between $25-45 a month at salons pre-dreads. Mannn, what was I thinking. /facepalm

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Just imagine what your uncut dreaded hair will look like in 10 years, wickedly awesome.....then 15....then 20

P Aji
@p-aji
11 years ago
5 posts

Right? Im can't wait till I can make a ponytail!

the Barrellady said:

Just imagine what your uncut dreaded hair will look like in 10 years, wickedly awesome.....then 15....then 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form