Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Weak dreads

Bossman11
@bossman11
11 years ago
16 posts
My dreads are weak and rip easily need help...... I feel like cutting them off and starting all natural from the beginning... But I had them for almost 10 years ... Any advice?? Should I just start over???? Or is there hope???
updated by @bossman11: 02/14/15 07:19:08AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

The weakness is from the retwisting. Have you completely stopped that since joining? And have you begun to start getting the wax out? That will help tremendously. Especiallywith getting your locks to weigh less and put much less of a strain on your roots.

Hopefully mold/mildew hasn't grown, or grown enough to have caused your locks to get weak. But as your hair rots, it obviously gets weaker. Getting the wax out will do wonders for this.

Also, how are you washing now, and how often?

Bossman11
@bossman11
11 years ago
16 posts
Now I wash 3 times a week with dreadlockshampoobars since joining and no twisting. Ordered wax be gone it will be here Monday
Bossman11
@bossman11
11 years ago
16 posts
Thing is none of my roots are weak it's jus like middle or end of dread
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Ok, cool. When you start using the wax b gone, obviously use enough to get the wax out, but be somewhat gentle with your locks. You will most likely loose some hair in the process. Don't try to find places to put the hair back in. Let it fall out. See how much you lost. Then see how weak your locks really feel. Once the weight of the wax is out, and the extra weight of all the hairs not attached to your head is gone, they may not feel so weak

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Oh, that's right. I remember you asking about that before. Again, you will probably loose some hair in the process of getting the wax out. A lock or 2 may snap, or they may not. Obviously don't tug on them too hard to see if they do. But if they do, don't freak out too much. I've had 2 locks break off in the past. It happens from extensive damage. And it comes with the territory

Bossman11
@bossman11
11 years ago
16 posts
Thanks to I put the wax be gone on each individual dread or wash like i normally do????
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the wax b gone comes in a spray bottle for you to spray each lock and massage it in. Then you wait about 15 minutes. Then wash like normal. Ask Eagle, though. He'd know for sure. Or, better yet, message Vicki and ask her directly

Bossman11
@bossman11
11 years ago
16 posts
Thanks for advice
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wax b gones a gel like substance u work it in deep let it work awhile (10 min or more) then wash out with very hot water etc

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form