Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread newbie please help

DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts
Wax was used it was bees wax but idk its still in there or i can't feel it anyway. how do i remove it just in case
updated by @dathrill-helton: 07/23/15 05:23:31AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Read the following link to a post, Soaring Eagle just said how to do it:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/beeswax-on-hair

DaThrill Helton said:

Wax was used it was bees wax but idk its still in there or i can't feel it anyway. how do i remove it just in case
Call Tucker
@call-tucker
11 years ago
27 posts

on the bright side, if you cant feel it when you touch your dreads, then he didnt over do it. So it will be a lot easier to get out, and you should be able to get all of it out after a few dawn washes

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

good call on taking only our advice

washing helps dreads dread

twisting makes u go bald

palm rolling does nothing unless u do it eniugh to cause permenant harm

did this idiot use wax

its easy to look like u got nice tight dreads if u cake em in wax oir crochet but they wont ever actualy dread ad will be ruined completely in the process

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

bees wax is extremely hard to remove use the wax b gone

other then that leave em be they will take care of themselcves once rhw wax is gone

wax is a scam

it makes it harder to dread u havgfe to work on them constatly..and but=y more tools more products more visits to the salon

wash 1-3 times a week

thats it

DaThrill Helton said:

I have gotten some tips on my page. I need to know more abt the natural process. Do i just let my hair do its thing and it will dtead automatically or will some twisting be involved eventually. sorty i don't want to do anything else wrong!! Also is it ok to sleep on it uncovered.

--
Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
11 years ago
80 posts
Good luck brother. I started mine at the salon too about 7 months ago with a dread perm. They are ridiculously messy now but that's what I get. I'll be honest some days you are going to be tempted to do maintenance because they look so crazy. Just come here for inspiration!
Sweet,
@sweet
11 years ago
133 posts

Just like some of the advice here - wash your dreads for sure, at least ones a week, I'm a salon hairdresser too and know that from the guy's point of view that did your dreads maybe with his aftro hair he doesn't have to shampoo much, afro hair locks together magicly. Washing your dreads will help them lock in together.

It would be too hard to dread if you didn't shampoo, i'm not a coloured person and my dreads are matting up really well as time goes, but when i shampoo with my dread soap i have to pull them apart or they would congo! I would have one whole head of matt! You will find out as time goes what suits your dreads best, thats why you get different answers from different people, no 2 heads r the same :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

your white

and they ti]old you to twist?

the guy was an idiot that didnr=t know a thung about dreds

twisting makes black ppl go bald it does noithing for wht ppl hair except make u bald

idiot

ignore every ssingle thing he said

hes clueles

--
DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts
Thank you everyone. I'm gonn try the bs and water mix with the rinse. Wish me luck :)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form