Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is this much excitement normal?

Janna
@janna
11 years ago
19 posts

Because I am pretty RIDICULOUSLY excited about my dread journey, and I just want to talk about it :P

Today is my two week mark of kicking the brush habit. I'm working on uploading a video update to youtube, I'll post a link when it's finished.

I am so excited to explore my hair every few days and see new baby dreads pop up and how the older ones are changing. I just spent a bunch of time looking at pictures online of dreads and got really excited for when my dreads a more mature.

I feel like I'm starting my cocoon and I will come out of the journey looking and feeling SO beautiful. I already feel more beautiful than before, just knowing that the under layer of my hair has a few dreads and the top is starting to really separate into sections.

it's such an emotional journey all ready. It is so hard to contain all this excitement and energy I get when I think about my dreads!!

updated by @janna: 01/13/15 09:49:56PM
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

thats wonderful! it will be everything you want and more because you already have a great attitude about it. i remember waking up everyday, feeling for anything new that had happened while i was sleeping...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you are as beautiful as yiou feel

many women can look incredible even have world famouse beauty but still feel un]gly inside and get that self hatred thung going

when u dread u learn to love yourself more feel your beauty and that radiates from tyou..you are more beautiful and its not even a matter of looks (tho women with dreads will make your heartrate go dangerously high)(heartstopping becomes almost iteral)

but u radiate an innrer beauty that dewmands more respect

not the cheap beauty of makeup and push up bras but apowerful beauty that radiates goddess energy..

your starting to feel your strength

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Janna
@janna
11 years ago
19 posts

I totally understand what you mean. I've realized that since I've started dreading I wear make up waaaay less.

I'm not gonna lie or be coy/humble about it, I know I am a pretty good looking gal, but even when I had a good day or dolled myself up to go out and could in the mirror and say "hey I'm cute," it doesn't match the kind of feeling I have now of more thorough confidence and feeling beautiful.

soaring eagle said:

you are as beautiful as yiou feel

many women can look incredible even have world famouse beauty but still feel un]gly inside and get that self hatred thung going

when u dread u learn to love yourself more feel your beauty and that radiates from tyou..you are more beautiful and its not even a matter of looks (tho women with dreads will make your heartrate go dangerously high)(heartstopping becomes almost iteral)

but u radiate an innrer beauty that dewmands more respect

not the cheap beauty of makeup and push up bras but apowerful beauty that radiates goddess energy..

your starting to feel your strength

Janna
@janna
11 years ago
19 posts

oh, and I tried uploading the video three times to youtube and it keeps failing, I think maybe it's too long (12 min) so I have to record a new one tomorrow. Or I might try to upload it here in the morning.

JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

So exciting sounds like we are on the same time line! This coming Friday will be my third week! It is so exciting isn't it? What other things in your life have changed since you got dreads?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I will answer the title of your post..."Is This Normal?".....I bet that 100% of us celebrated our first year anniversary of our dreads, and you will too. I have never did that with any other 'style' before, but I did with my dreads....Is it normal?.....Damn straight it is, these are our growing babies and we celebrate and get excited for so many of their changes and growth. Rock on and enjoy your journey

Janna
@janna
11 years ago
19 posts

Well I haven't noticed much change except in myself, since I'm doing neglect method, most of my hair still looks pretty normal. I have a few baby dreads underneath and just two 'half' dreads on top. It all blends together, I think.

And here is the link to my 2.5 week update!!

It took for-freakin-ever to get a video that wasn't messed up and would upload. :P

Mike Gentry said:

So exciting sounds like we are on the same time line! This coming Friday will be my third week! It is so exciting isn't it? What other things in your life have changed since you got dreads?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form