Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

regreting those rubberbands

Brianna Elizabeth
@brianna-elizabeth
11 years ago
19 posts
I was under the impression I had to rubber band my love to keep them sepetate now I am feeling the effects and im scared for my baby love): my roots have areas sticking out like a loop and some of my roots are damaged from back combing and I have two roots to one dread on a few please help me fix these issues I can't comb out my head a second time):
updated by @brianna-elizabeth: 01/13/15 09:46:41PM
Brianna Elizabeth
@brianna-elizabeth
11 years ago
19 posts
locs* not love lol
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Calm down sister girl. Seperate those roots that are tangled together and produce two seperate locs. Its not that hard to do usually but if you let them grow toghether long enough it becomes harder. SE has some good advice on here about splitting congos taht are very difficult to get out. just leave the hair alone. If you have a little damage from back combing thats ok as long as its not major. And if you did comb them out you would probably only enhance that damage. Dont put rubber bands in your hair, use beads if you need to. The loops and loose hair ARE A GOOD SIGN! that means your hair is dreading. Leave it alone, let it be, and seperate when needed ( i like after showers and when i wake up) your dreads will be just fine.

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I wouldnt worry about the split root, as the dread matures I think it will pull together. as the knots dread back toward the scalp. Unless the dread is too big, but i doubt it would be, but thats your desicion.

peaceful blessings

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form