Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Patient Journey

Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

Hi everyone! Names Cole and I am new to the site and to dreads! I have had so many people give such bad advice about dreads...you've heard all the horror stories, WAX, MAINTINENCE, PALM ROLLING, PRODUCT, PRODUCT.....Something kept telling me they were wrong! Thank God I found your site and realized that what I have been doing all along was tried and true!. My dreadies are are right at 3 months ld now, and I couldn't be more proud of them. I was curious to know what people thought of beads tho? I mean are they useful tools or pretty adornments? I have seem some really astetically pleasing beads, but are they doing anything for my babies? I have been as natural as possible with my methods....as in I haven't done anything except keep them clean and seperated. in fact I didn't even know the twist and rip method exsisted until I became a member of this site a week ago! Should I use this method? Will it improve my current dreads, bc personally I think they are doing quite well and shaping nicely, They are pretty locked and I have already seen about 2/3 inches of shrinkage. Happy Dreading!!!! Thank you all in advance for your welcome advice!!!!!

updated by @cole-morton: 01/13/15 09:44:36PM
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Welcome!! Keep doing what you're doing!! Beads are either thing. Or both. If you decide to use some, remember to slide them up and down every now and then so the hair underneath can dry properly.
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

Thanks guys. I have friends that make beautiful beads and I may want "dress up" every now and then LOL! I am so excited to have found this site and to be able to get real answers!. My journey so far has been amazing and I can't wait to see what my babies grow up to be!

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Hahaha Heather, I've had the opposite experience with beads! I've tried 'taming' certain bumps or certain parts I thought were atrocious with no luck. But my hell, if I want to encourage a congo or get a slow undreaded end (I combed a bunch halfway out a year ago, still have half dreads in some) I throw a heavy-ish bead on and in days I have knots. Personal experience I guess, huh?Either way Cole, if you wanna use them, do. If you don't want to use them, don't. Have fun with your dread babies. Learn how to wrap them, put little bits and pieces in them, do whatever you want with them. That's one of the greatest things about dreads!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome nah tnr is pointless especialy if your already months into the process

\beads do help yes but should be considered more of a decoration a decoration thats helpful

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

Thaks SE!!! I think I will entertain the idea more for "dressingup" than anything.I really appreciate the love and support found on this site!!!!

soaring eagle said:

welcome nah tnr is pointless especialy if your already months into the process

\beads do help yes but should be considered more of a decoration a decoration thats helpful

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form