Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how to grow em long???

Niesje
@niesje
12 years ago
8 posts
I take biotin and prenatal vitamins, but my hair keeps breaking off! Maybe that'll stop after I've formed some dreads? Idk. I had long hair and dreads before, but I cut my hair and combed out my dreads and started coloring it all the time. Now my hair is pathetic. It's so thin now. any advice???
updated by @niesje: 02/14/15 09:09:51AM
Marcellus Wallace
@marcellus-wallace
12 years ago
46 posts

Stop using any chemicals, (this includes most shampoos and conditioners as they usually have harsh chemicals like sodium lauryl sulfate, which is basically a degreaser) let the natural oils of your scalp provide the healthy environment your hair needs. The structural foundation of your hair is probably rather fried and that makes them weak, you need to be patient and let new healthy hair grow. If you wanna dye with anything i suggest henna, it actually is very nutritious for you hair.

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

The damage is probably already done to the dead part of the hair that has been tampered with. The new growth should be healthy though. I'd say your better off just easing healthily. Try eating raw foods, as there are morenutrientsin them, and plenty ofprotein.

Niesje
@niesje
12 years ago
8 posts
I don't plan on dying my hair anymore. I'm just washing with baking soda and soaring with sea salt. I probably am taking the right steps, just not being patient enough like you said: be patient. It's just so discouraging to look at my hair now when it used to be so long and strong and now I'm bringing it back from the brink of death.
Niesje
@niesje
12 years ago
8 posts
Soaring=spraying
Marcellus Wallace
@marcellus-wallace
12 years ago
46 posts

Adam has a point as well, eating raw foods is super nutritious plus it's basically the only way to make your body more alkaline. If you don't have the right ph balance in your body it will have a hard time absorbing certain nutrients. Most people's bodies produce a surplus of biotin, so unless you have some condition, i'm not too sure how much that'll help.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

stiop coloring it and give it plenty of vitamin t (t for time)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

are u washing with only bs and ss no acv? thats why your wayyyy too drying it out

switch emedietly to the dreadlockshamopoo.com soaps u will notice a huge improvement in the health of your hair right away

the bs needs acv after to restorew the ph..low ph andsea salt too wil lead to fried brittle dry hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
12 years ago
80 posts

Exactly! Well said..

Marcellus Wallace said:

Stop using any chemicals, (this includes most shampoos and conditioners as they usually have harsh chemicals like sodium lauryl sulfate, which is basically a degreaser) let the natural oils of your scalp provide the healthy environment your hair needs. The structural foundation of your hair is probably rather fried and that makes them weak, you need to be patient and let new healthy hair grow. If you wanna dye with anything i suggest henna, it actually is very nutritious for you hair.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'd cut out the sea salt, too. That will overly dry your hair and scalp.

I agree with everything else that was said

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form