Dreadlocks Forums

Untitled

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont comvb them out! its not complicated at all

literaly wash and seperate ..nothing else

thats why its insand to have a salon doing anything beyond thbat and wasting money

you came here saying it was complicated and you didnt understand how to care for them yiurself

thats what they want from you to keep u paying keep you coming back

but its not complicated

it can happen purely by accident!

it can happen in your sleep

you can dread in a coma

washing helps it tangle

sleeping helps it tightebn

seperating keeps it from joinung into fatter dreads

thts all there is to oit

whben i started dreading i knew nothung

1 guy on the srreet said just stop combu=ing]so i did and it dreaded..into 2 horns and a beavertail tbat set i started over this time i figured out the seperating on my own

thats how complicated it is..its like pure instinct..it happens natueally

without thought

without effort or expence

the gentlest breze tangles the hair and starts the process

simpl,e as living breathing ..and being

just uncomplicate it now

stop going to the salon and everythinbg else takes care of itself

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 11:57:09AM
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

you don't have to comb them. just wash & separate & let them go. if it really is time for a change tho follow your heart. it's actually super simple tho! easiest thing i've ever done with my hair.

Alicia S
@alicia-s
12 years ago
32 posts
Lola if you really feel it's time to change them then do, but don't panic and take them out because of it. Despite how you started you've been working on dreads for a year! I'd hate for you to regret it! Everyone here just wants you to have healthy hair and nice dreads that aren't costing you a fortune. Even if the salon did anything damaging there can be ways to fix it. You don't have to give up your dreads unless want to. I'm sure everyone here will always be glad to see you, whether you stick around now or take a break and come back later. :)
Sister Rags
@sister-rags
12 years ago
21 posts

I agree with the others, and Baba's comment is spot on - dreadlocks should be hair you DON'T have to stress over or think about very much. No need to comb yours out...give it a few days before you make a for-sure decision, don't think about your hair...every time you start to fret over your hair, immediately picture a pretty flower or some object that makes you feel safe and happy.

Then just let your lovely locs be your friends and, like dear friends, accept them for who they are.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form