Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hellllooooo everybody!

Kyle Bacon
@kyle-bacon
12 years ago
4 posts

First off, lemme start by saying how HAPPY I am that I found this site. I started my journey in to the world of dreadlocks about a week ago. Unfortunately, Knotty Boy and DHHQ got to me before ya'll did. Yes, I used wax :c BUT, thanks to you guys I'm on the road to perfectly natural, awesome dreads!

Enough about that though.

My name's Kyle and I live in Texas. I've always been fascinated with dreadlocks, but never really had any interest in having them myself until fairly recently. I believed all the "dirty, nasty hippy dreads" propaganda, so I left it to the "Dirty, nasty Hippies". After doing some research however, I found out I was wrong and immediately decided I wanted my own awesome 'Locks! After spending countless hours researching (in the wrong places, of course) and about $150 in useless products, I was ready (maybe?). Combs and wax in hands, me and my friend set to work. The friend that was helping me had experience with dreads, so I trusted him to guide me. Apparently he needed some guidance himself lol.

13 hours later: My babies were born, and I have been in love with them ever since...

Upon learning of our flaws, I stopped using the wax. Man is this stuff a paaaaiiiin to get out! Too bad I spent all that money on useless crap and can't afford any of that magical Wax-b-Gone ya'll speak so highly of! But alas, I have learned the error of my ways, and I'm attempting to fix it :3

Enough about my hair, though. I'm sure ya'll are interested in the person wearing it.

I'm 20 years old, and I enjoy longboarding, music and learning new things. I strive to put as much good in to the world as possible. As of now, I'm not going to school or anything, but I have a desire to go to college and major in Social Work. I love helping people, and I want to do it as a career. Lately, I've been extremely interested in learning about spirituality and Buddhist principles. Really hoping to bring some peace and closure within my life through that. But anywho, I'm gonna shut up. I can tell I'm rambling, and I'm terrible at talking about myself. If you have ANY questions, please, don't be afraid to ask me. Thank you all, and I look forward to learning and growing within this community. Oh, and create some gnarly dreads while I'm at it :d

updated by @kyle-bacon: 01/13/15 09:33:52PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome but who says hippies are dirty and nasty?
you sound like yor 1 in fact
hippies are simply people who care and have a social conscience and rather do good then live for greed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kyle Bacon
@kyle-bacon
12 years ago
4 posts
Just an old stereotype. I mean no offense when I say that. It's just how I was raised to think about them. But you're right, I am a hippie myself. I've come a long way from thinking like that.
Kyle Bacon
@kyle-bacon
12 years ago
4 posts
I don't want you to think that's my opinion nowadays. Note the quotations :p
Becsley Q Penguinface
@becsley-q-penguinface
12 years ago
36 posts

Welcome dude :D

Kyle Bacon
@kyle-bacon