Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello :)

Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts
I've been reading the forums/etc here for awhile now, I finally decided I'd sign up and start posting lol.I've been letting my hair dread now for about 2 months(I never bothered marking an actual date), and while my progress is slow I can definitely see it moving along :)I've been letting it do it's thing, haven't been forcing it all, I don't even have to separate really right now, it appears to do it on it's own for the most part(although I'm sure that will change). I wash every 1-3 days depending on whether or not it needs it, every other wash I wash it with baking soda. Outside of that, that's it!I know it doesn't look like a lot, but this is a gigantic change from what it was before. There is definitely a lot of sectioning going on, although right now most of the sections almost completely blend in with the surrounding hair so you don't really notice them.To be completely honest, I can't wait until I'm past this stage... I love the sections, but it just LOOKS like it's greasy and unwashed due to the hair sectioning together in little strings... it's a little unflattering I suppose lol.also, please don't make fun of me for the pink mirror I'm holding lmao
updated by @hazanko: 02/14/15 12:18:35PM
Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts
I wasn't sure how to put the images directly into the post, I wasn't sure if it was html or bbcode or even something else.I have 2 more images + these images that I'm going to put into my profile, as well.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

YOu can try to just copy and paste the images.

Looking good though. Your hair is short so it'll see flat for a little while. When it grows out, you'll se it start to puff up more.

What do you wash with in between the BS wash?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

above where u type is a toolbar with buttons 1 is for pictures 1 vids tc

yea another inch will make alot of diference but so far its going well

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Ah. I see that now. No wonder it didn't work for me either

Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts
I just wash with water in between BS and it seems to do the trick for meand yeah I know it's a little short, but tbh I don't want my dreads to be THAT crazy so it was my hope that starting with a little shorter hair will help ''keep them in line'' a little bit lolBut I'm not too worried about it either way, I want to let it do what it does.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

When they are that young, you should be washing with soap 2-3 days a week. So in between the BS wash, get yourself some Dr. Bronners (if you have soft water), or the soap from dreadlockshampoo.com for any type of water.

mature locks can be washed a little as once a week and be fine, but for young locks, you really want to keep your hair and scalp clean. plain water is not enough

Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts
hmmm ok... thanks. Are those my only two options? I don't have a card to use right now since I'm inbetween places, unless they sell bronners in stores somewhere?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

they should sell it at most grocery stores. Maybe not the best selection, but at least one or 2 scents.

They are the only ones I'd recommend besides the BS/ACV wash. Some people have said to use Black soap, but I have no experience with it, and wouldn't even know where to get it besides online. And I haven't heard about it in a few months, anyway

Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts

I went to their website and used their store located, the nearest store they showed was like 3-4 hours from where I am right now. Are there more locations outside of what is shown on their website, or am I out of luck in that respect?

oh, and is this what I would want?

http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/LS.htm

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form