Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Which one is 3-4 hours away? the bucks county soap? Yeah, they have the one location that I know about. But that is the Dr. Bronners. You can get it at most stores. It might be a little hard to find, but all Whole foods have them in many scents. Trader Joe's has a few, and I've seen them at normal grocery store too, but not as wide of a selection. But if you have hard water, the Bronners will not rinse out well. But if your only 3-4 hours away from Buck County soap, you probably have soft enough water that you can use it

updated by @baba-fats: 07/13/15 11:48:30AM
Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts

naw, I was using the store locator and bronner's website, the nearest store that they show selling it is 3-4 away.

http://www.drbronner.com/locator/results_list.php?showonly=US&tab=US&zip=&distance=10&state=MO&city=&name=

it could just be they don't have EVERY location, but I wouldn't be too surprised if that was accurate. I'm in the middle of NOWHERE right now haha

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You don't have to go to one of their stores, anyway to get their product

Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts
it's not ''their'' stores, it is stores that carry their product.
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I get what you are saying Hazanko.

What is to stop you from doing the BS/ACV 3 times.week? Especially if you claim it feels/looks greasy?

Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts

it doesn't feel greasy, it just looks greasy/oily because of my hair clumping up into sections. Nothing is stopping me either, although I do maybe need to try ACV. I thought I read that acv can slow down progress as it conditions your hair, and shouldn't be used until later on when your dreads are more mature?

Often times after I'm done with a BS wash, my hair feels... stiff... I'm not sure if it's because my hair is overly dry, or if I'm somehow not rinsing out all of the BS, or if it's simply because I'm letting it airdry(I've towel dried for the majority of my life). I am extremely thorough rinsing out my hair after the BS, maybe I'm using too much? That's the main reason I'm doing the BS wash every other wash, I don't want to ''stress'' my hair with too many BS washes, when I'm still not sure whether or not I'm using the correct proportions. My assumption is I'm using too much, to be honest I'm not really sure why I haven't pulled back the amount I use by now, just stuck in my ways I suppose lol

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You should always use ACV afterwards. It does act like a conditioner to some effect, but only that it softens your hair so that it doesn't end up stiff and dry. The BS is a base, and will raise the pH of your scalp to a point where it can be over dry and start to itch. The ACV lowers the pH back to normal. when your locks are young, you just need to use less ACV and only leave it in for a matter of second. 30 seconds is enough. 1 minute at most.

I used to only wash with Dr. Bronners, but once I started washing with BS/ACV, I only use that. I wish I had known about it years ago when I started.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form