Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

change of mind and heart!

Jeff Mitchell
@jeff-mitchell
12 years ago
14 posts

Ive had my locks for about 6 months now I think and they are just now beginning to show some real progress. I started off with two strand twists (without any products in them, just twisted hair) in November. They seem to losen up a ton for a while and then all of a sudden they stop looking like twists and start to really dread together.

Personally, I wouldn't dare to use pomade since that is what I used when I had only twists last year before november (I used it because I was told that it would help to KEEP MY HAIR FROM TURNING INTO DREADS).

updated by @jeff-mitchell: 07/16/15 03:08:47PM
new dreddie
@new-dreddie
12 years ago
75 posts

Sounds like some of you are too judgemental for your own good. First of all, my texture is different from all of you. If I am brainwashed, it ismy business. If I am wasting my money, it is my money. If a person needs help with dreadding, why bash them?

I refuse to walk around and look like hell to please any of you.I will do what I want to do.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

d had to go through "looking like hell' for the 1st few months you cant avoid that if you want actual drreads if you want woven or twisted or crocheted or interlocked hair or a waxy mess then you can avoid the messy stage becay=use your not letting them actualy dread your forciong them to look like dreads

then 1 day when yihuy sti]op ..bamn guess what..your right back to the messy stage you delayed by months or even years
you are wasting your money trying to avoid the unavoidabnle

if you just stuck it out anoyther month would have had youtrherte now your back to sqy-=uare 1 and will have another 4 months of messinredsss because u got impatient right at the point where they wrre about to dread themselves fine

every single 1 of us went through this at 4 mintghs..the m[]llooseness the doubt..but a monthlater saw alot of progress

you would have too

but now u paid to have it all reset to day 1 again undoing 4 months of progress

and you still will have to loosen up get messy and look like hell b4 u wil dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I understand that you didn't want to be messy anymore. But like eagle said, you just started over. at 4 months, now, you will look like and be at the same stage as you were at 2-3 weeks with your first set. if you had waited, you;d be so much closer now. Now, with the product and whatever else they use, you will take 2-3 times longer to get to where you were before. It's a shame. I get that you didn't like being messy. Not everyone like that messy stage. But it is part of the process to have true locks.

Even people who crochet and look like they have nice neat locks, crochet because they hair is still messy.

new dreddie
@new-dreddie
12 years ago
75 posts

Rebecca

I know what a discussion is. I also know that people can discuss matters without being hurtful. It is all fine, I will still do what I want to do.

said:

No one was trying to attack you. Just help. That's what the point of a discussion is.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the only 1 that i think sounded hurtful has poor english skills and i think thats why it came across that way i dont think he meant to sound mean..just the way he translates came off that way

--
new dreddie
@new-dreddie
12 years ago
75 posts

Thanks se. I appreciate it.

soaring eagle said:

the only 1 that i think sounded hurtful has poor english skills and i think thats why it came across that way i dont think he meant to sound mean..just the way he translates came off that way

new dreddie
@new-dreddie
12 years ago
75 posts

Tara C said:

At the very least, could you not use the product yourself and save yourself going to a salon? Seems like a waste of money and time to do something you could do yourself. I don't blame you though, I was still a bit impatient back then myself, but now they're on their way to maturity. I'd say a couple of them actually are mature. Anyway, I really hope the thing they use on your hair is truly OK :)

new dreddie
@new-dreddie
12 years ago
75 posts
If I could have dreaded my hair, I would've.

new dreddie said:

If I cou

Tara C said:

At the very least, could you not use the product yourself and save yourself going to a salon? Seems like a waste of money and time to do something you could do yourself. I don't blame you though, I was still a bit impatient back then myself, but now they're on their way to maturity. I'd say a couple of them actually are mature. Anyway, I really hope the thing they use on your hair is truly OK :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your missing the point we are tryinmg to make

you are at 4 months it was dreading exactly as it should have been at 4 months u neeeded no help only patience to go 1..maybe 2 more months and be past that stage and tightening up perfectly

but now your back to day 1 and you still will have to go 4 months to get back to where you were last week then go 2 more months to get to where youd be in onlyg a few weeks if u left them aklone

new dreddie said:

If I could have dreaded my hair, I would've.

new dreddie said:

If I cou

Tara C said:

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form