Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How's it going.

Old man Jenkins
@old-man-jenkins
12 years ago
1 posts
I have a fairly simple question. I'm currently in the process of natural dreading. And was wondering if I could get suggestions on a non residue soap or shampoo for my hair. It's naturally oily I believe, but have noticed in a few posts soaring eagle said this will slowly go away. And is the baking soda wash something I should start now for better formation of the dread. Thanks in advance for any help, and it turned out I had more than one question lol
updated by @old-man-jenkins: 01/13/15 09:24:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i like these www.dreadlockshampoo.com but the baking soda is good too 1 thing about oilingess ..or well 2 or 3 things haha the more u wash the more oily u get u dont want to strip the oils away or your scalop will just make more so the baking soda is a good option for a bit 1 daty afyer u get oily then a week or 3 laqter 1 day more till u can go at least 3 or 4 without really being oily

baking soda is alkaline hair acidic but oily hair tends to be to the farh\ther acidic side of the normal hair scale

so baking soda will shift it the other way but too far and u get too dry and itchy acv is used to restore ph but if your already acidy yoy can either skip it for a few washes or use it very very weak

thyme tea on the scalp and left on can also sklowly adjust the oil production

oh and hot wash and cold rinse heat lowers the oil viscocity making it easier to remove also opens pores and hairs cuticles so u clean pores and oils penetrate the hair nourishing

cold closes pores and cuticles sealing oils into the hair so it dont dry out and trigger oil production and the closed pores wont be oozing oils all day

maybe that was like 10 things?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form