Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello all :)

kezz
@kezz
12 years ago
28 posts

Hi everyone. I thought I'd introduce myself before I start asking questions :)

My name is Kezz, Im 45 next month and mum to 2 boys. one in his early twenties the other is only 8. I've been toying with the idea of dreading my hair for a few years but have finally made the decision to jump in and start the journey...my partner died of cancer at the age of 50 last July and I think it made me realise that this is truly not a rehearsal and the more experiences you have in life the better. Im in the process of organising a dread party with a handful of very close friends although I am going to pay a hairdresser to do the sectioning. So pleased I found this site. I have a few questions :D

updated by @kezz: 02/14/15 12:10:44PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome im sorry to hear about yp0ur loss

but why would you pay a hairdresser to section it? it will section itself better then they can ever do

just stop combing wash a couple times and see for yourself it will section itself perfectly naturally

and how are u olanning on dreading at the dreading party

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kezz
@kezz
12 years ago
28 posts

I want to keep them a bit tidy so am going for the backcombing method...no wax.I want them sectioned off neatly just incase I ever have to get a different job from the one Im in now...I have to pay my mortgage :) I dont want super tidy dreads though! I did wonder about the twist and rip method but read that you end up losing more length?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no twist n rips a much better method and it wont stick straight up looking like a clow3n

length loss is more related to hair length and type then method in most cases

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

because its 50-60-100 dollars to do something a trained monkey could do?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

read it again i didnt call them trained monkeys i said trained monkeys could section hair

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

but wouldnt charge 100 dollars to do it

--
kezz
@kezz
12 years ago
28 posts

The hairdresser is a friend so it will be a barter/trade transaction and wont cost me a penny :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ah well thats diferent then :)

i was just making the point that sectioning the easiest thing to do so wasnt worth wastng money on

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Hello Kezz,

I am also sorry to read of yours and your families loss. I have known 4 people who have passed in this previous year to cancer and 2 more recently diagnosed. It's very hard and very eye-opening.

In regards to your start to your dread journey, I used twist and rip and I haven't lost any length (my hair is naturally thick and wavy.) But it will loosen up after a while and tend to tighten up again. For instance, mine got pretty loose at the roots after a couple of days but now, 2 weeks in, some of the loosened roots are reforming. :)

I have also used backcombing in the past and it did the same exact thing.

"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
~Old Kingdom Trilogy

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form