dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello all :)

kezz
@kezz
12 years ago
28 posts

I spent a fair while on here yesterday looking at time lines and

must admit I am totally freaked out by the shrinkage problems. I can cope with different stages of the hair until it dreads but the shrinkage!! I have hair to just bellow my shoulder blades and would be ok with it being shoulder length but I've seen pics of hair that has gone chin length, maybe I should grow my hair longer first?

updated by @kezz: 07/03/15 06:20:03AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the longer it is to start the more it shrinks if u start at shoulderblades it will shrink to shoulders if us start at knees it can shrink to chin

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kezz
@kezz
12 years ago
28 posts

I wondered how mature they would have to be before you could use extentions ?.I

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt bother! why becauswe they will feel disconnected..fake your natural dreads act as spiritual anteneas the added extentions feel alien..addedon like a part of someone else

also you can add em young but they may fall off or cause issues its typicaly recomendced to add em at 8 months which is when the shrinkage tendsto stop and a month or 2 later growth starts ..so just wait it out and let it grow

mot who get extentins regret it and cut em off

kezz said:

I wondered how mature they would have to be before you could use extentions ?.I

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

it really depends on hair type. i've noticed that people with thin hair shrinks more than thick hair. also backcombed locks shrink more than t&r. i don't think length is anything you need to worry about. shorter is better because the shrinkage gets over with quicker and then the growing starts. i wish i had started with shorter hair. shrinking is thenecessaryevil to locking. it needs to happen so the end result is a dreadlock. embrace it. its all a part of the journey:)

kezz said:

I spent a fair while on here yesterday looking at time lines and

must admit I am totally freaked out by the shrinkage problems. I can cope with different stages of the hair until it dreads but the shrinkage!! I have hair to just bellow my shoulder blades and would be ok with it being shoulder length but I've seen pics of hair that has gone chin length, maybe I should grow my hair longer first?

Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts
Im almost 4 months in and haven't noticed much length loss, I started with mine about. Shoulder blade level and have lost maybe an inch,maybe. I have fine thin hair and went the natural way and they stayed pretty tidy the whole time, once in a while they won't be but if its a day where I have to be extra presentable (which is rare for me) I jus wear a tam.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form