dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

herroo! c: new to dreadies about 3 weeks in! feel free to add meee

Jessica7
@jessica7
12 years ago
4 posts

fellllooow dreadheads

i just got these bbbz about three weeks ago. started at the bottom, twist and ripped my way to the top of my head near my bangs. they are coming along pretty good i use the natural locking spray which is a bottle of water, seea salt and a little lemon juice. (lemon juice dyes your hair in the sun i read) but they are coming along pretty good. pretty friizzy however and they are loose at the bottom kinda. should i be worrieD? PLEASE any feedback is perfect! i havent washed my hair yet and I HAVEDANDRUFF how do i get rid of DANDRUFF( i use tea tree oil on my scalp just apply it with my fingers but it doesnt work that great, if i wash my hair with some apple cider vinegar or baking soda will that help??!)ANY FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!

A FEW QUESTIONS~!?

• BEADS? is it too early for these?
  • WRAPS? i just wrapped two of my more
  • WASHING? like i said only3wks in, too early?
  • LOCKING? i use that locking spray as mentioned above and i just ordered a crochet needle which will hopefully help out.
THANK YOU any info, i am truly grateful for. also any good natural shampoo bars or sites that i could use? thank you!
(my profile pic kiiinda has a picture of my dreads but not really, more later for sure.)

updated by @jessica7: 02/14/15 11:24:03AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nooo do jnot crochet do njot use lemon only salt wash wash wash no wonder your full of danderuffwash your hair

never ever crochet dreads huge mistaske

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

shampoo www.dreadlockshampoo.com

wash your dreads 1-3 times awweek

take out ant bands

never ever ever ever ever crochet dreads

ever

efver ever

ok?

yea thats how bad it is

i cant stress that enough

more evers needed?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

read this study it memorize it

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive

wash your dreads washing helps them dread yiur causing dandruff by not washing the longer yiu go the worse it will be and the harder it will be to get the scalp heaktghty again

dreads love being washes=d!

they need to be clean

and

crochet is pure destruction extreme damage and slows ..no..delayes progrss completely fir 6 months or more

massive mistake to crochet dreads

--
Blessed Earth Mama
@blessed-earth-mama
12 years ago
72 posts

Oh yea wash your babies!!!! I have bad dandruff I am still fighting but if I didn't wash my head I would go crazy! The first time I had dreads I thought you weren't supposed to wash for awhile in the begining too but that is wong! Getting them clean helps them lock up quicker!! Whenyour hairis greasy it is hard for them to dread.

Please don't crochet. You may think it makes them look neater but it really hurts your dreads. They will get neater with time and be so much healthier if you never do that. You can see in my pictures when my dreads were 4 yrs old they were really nice. It takes awhile though, you have to be patient.

Now I can almost always tell if a person has crocheted dreads even if they say they don't you can kinda tell.... And I don't think crocheted dreads ever look smooth. They look "neat" but they always look rough to me like sandpaper or something. Now maybe after years of not doing it they would get smoother but I don't know. Best to never go there and keep your babies strong and they will be so nice in time!

You can use beads now though just make sure you move them around a little bit or check on them because they could get stuck in your dread as it is forming.

I have no experience with wraps though sorry!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wraps early onm will help in a wat-[y but will squish them so y ou have a thin tail coming from a thicjk dread

better to let the dreads thicken 1st unless u dont mind the squihed thin tail look

--
Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

yea be carful with the beads! i put some on ( im only almost 2 months in) and now some are kind of stuck.. but thats why i bought cheap ones so i could break them to get them out.

Jessica7
@jessica7
12 years ago
4 posts

hey! what ingredients shuold i stay away from with organic soaps? like

http://www.etsy.com/listing/89378971/shampoo-bar-with-tea-tree-oil-and-jojoba?ref=sr_gallery_9&sref=&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=organic+shampoo+bar&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_order=price_asc&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
soaring eagle said:

nooo do jnot crochet do njot use lemon only salt wash wash wash no wonder your full of danderuffwash your hair

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

most of those ingredients are conditioners that woukd unravel your dreass fast

Jessica said:

hey! what ingredients shuold i stay away from with organic soaps? like

http://www.etsy.com/listing/89378971/shampoo-bar-with-tea-tree-oil-...
soaring eagle said:

--
NotMyRealName
@notmyrealname
12 years ago
1 posts

for some reason i always feel like the fight is being lost, whenever i read a post that says something like, "how should i do my dreads", or, "what method should i use?" dreads dont mean anything and provide nothing for yourintellect if u just fashion them overnight. i now look at people with dreads differently. I can tell when someones dreads are formed by God, and when someones are formed by sewing needles or wax or rubbing your palms together for hours. Mine are being formed by God, and there is no sign of convention or uniformity in my hair, as this is more than just hair for me. And real dreads dont even give a fuck about the way their hair looks. Dreadlocks are just a byproduct of a mans journey to free himself from things of cosmetic nature. it sucks that people "want" them.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form