Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

herroo! c: new to dreadies about 3 weeks in! feel free to add meee

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

many dont even understand that dreads can even form without effort without kits and needles and gunks its not their fault really they are mislead by the instant dread companies and to an extent they are unaware there even is a spiritual connection to dreads because these sites make you think its something you buy just 99.99 and you too can look like a rockstar or guru or caveman;.. they just know they are drawn to dread

they soon find out that dreads change you affect you spiritually on many levels

some dont

i kinda think wax and crochet might for some block the spirituality (in the case of wax) or disconnect you from it )in the case of crochet ) 1 acting like a plug the other well broken hairs are broken hairs no longer connected to the head (im just rambling philosophically not implying anyones journey is less spiritual cause they made mistakes in the begining haha) it is true some never really tune in to the deeper connection but i do think most feel it early on wether started naturaly or by crochet or wax or whatever many realize this and if they start over they start over letting nature or god or the will of the hair take its course

the real shame is in the fact that so many are unaware that

dreads form themselves without having to force it

and

that they are spiritual and affect you and it not "just hair"

i mean many dreads would refuse to cut their dreads even if offered millions of dollars while starving..

and thats what is lost anymore that meaning they have the idea that thry can just try this or that and it wont mattr they can just chop and start over trying something else

or they can do massive harm trying to acheive an unachievable "perfect dreads" look and it wont matter the harm thry did caue its "just hair' and "i dont plan on keeping them long anyway"

but when they rally start to feel that ..dread calling (coined a new phrase maybe?) the spirituality that goe s with dreading they will wantto keep em forever by[ut they are already too mangled and manhandled from all the poking and prodding rubbing and rolling to last very lomg

good thngs come to those who wait

hurry too fast and you'll always be late

(is that an actual second line to that saying? if not it should be )

im judst saying

dont be too harsh on those who are just starting out they arent aware yet

i do cringe everytime i hear terms like

gettibg dreads

putting in dreads

installing dreads

getting dreads done

im dreading tomorow

i did my dreads yesterday

the worse ones are the ones that make me think they are going to a salon tho

terms like "where can i get my dreads done'

or whats a good place to get dreads

these terms not only make me cringe cause of the lack of awareness tht dreads form tghemsek[lves but also scare me because of the results of most dread salons

everytime i hear that i kinda go into a panic mode and feel the need to straighten thejm out in a hurry and get them on a better path

some just will never choose to take the natural path they will always choose to backcomb or tnr ..and rush thinfs

but dont assume that they are empty hollow devoid of reasons tio dread and that they are just in it for fashion

some have legit concerns about how the messy stages will negativeky impact thier lives

some just ..dont have the patience after waiting years to decide another week waitijng is unbearable

all we can do is try to educate them on why its best to stick with the old traditional ways the ways of the gurus whos dreads formed while they were lost in deep meditation ..unintended ahd unnoticed just a side effect of being..high..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/09/15 10:30:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i should be asleep i keep writting these looong rambling posts that are over or near the 40,000 character limmit im sorry to akl who read thast hah

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

That's too much of a black-and-white way of looking at it. My dreads were started by backcombing, and that's cos I didn't know they could be formed without any help. It also was because I just like how they look, but now that I'm experiencing their transformation, they have had an effect on my mentality and outlook. Mine aren't all uniform and identical. And there are plenty of people whose dreads mean a LOT to them but who started them by something other than doing nothing, simply because of the misinformation out there. It's also not true that dreads are a byproduct of a person's journey to free themselves; dreads are what you make of them. That's what they are to you, but not everyone. People can go through the same experience in life and make different things of it. I read the Bible and don't believe it, but it gives other faith.

NotMyRealName said:

for some reason i always feel like the fight is being lost, whenever i read a post that says something like, "how should i do my dreads", or, "what method should i use?" dreads dont mean anything and provide nothing for yourintellect if u just fashion them overnight. i now look at people with dreads differently. I can tell when someones dreads are formed by God, and when someones are formed by sewing needles or wax or rubbing your palms together for hours. Mine are being formed by God, and there is no sign of convention or uniformity in my hair, as this is more than just hair for me. And real dreads dont even give a fuck about the way their hair looks. Dreadlocks are just a byproduct of a mans journey to free himself from things of cosmetic nature. it sucks that people "want" them.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form