Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my mom has jus hated on my hair!kinda discouraging lol

NewLocks
@newlocks
12 years ago
11 posts

so my mom liked my hair at the start,wich was december 8th. and not shes tellin me i need to cut my hair because its not doing anything!then she hit me with "mostly all the hair in the back is straight and to fine to get knotted" and that is the only part of my hair that hasnt done anything so this is true. whats something i can do to make the back of my head start to section ond lock more!? its killin me lol

updated by @newlocks: 02/15/15 12:53:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

slleep on your back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NewLocks
@newlocks
12 years ago
11 posts

i do 75% of the time. especially now bc i have a broke ankle

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats really all u need by=ut u can toss a bead in to a few that helps too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NewLocks
@newlocks
12 years ago
11 posts

i need to get some asap.i might start to spray the back with some salt waster as well

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

you should never use a salt spray a lot. It will give you some wicked itchies. It should really only be used before you shower. Sea salt dries out your locks, but it will also dry out your scalp. When you use it, you want to wash it out pretty quickly. I only use it an hour or 2 before I was once a week. More often than that isunnecessary. Eagles right, just throw a few beads on some sections. Any beads will do. You can get some wood ones a a craft store for super cheap. No reason to spend tons of money on glass unless it means something personal to you.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

And just explain it to her that locks are a process. They do not happen overnight. It's the process that makes them look good at the beginning and then unravel a bit before they start to knot up again

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Sounds like my mum, she liked them at first and now as soon as she sees some undreaded hair she's like "oh, you need to backcomb that!" even though I explain to her all the time that it dreads on its own. Like Baba Fats said, just explain to her that it takes a while. Besides what's already been suggested, there's not a lot you can do to speed up the process, so just take the negative comments in stride, knowing that they'll be mature and awesome-looking dreadlocks one day.

NewLocks
@newlocks
12 years ago
11 posts

thank you!!im goin to go to michaels for some beads this weekend hopefully.and im glad you told me to wash the spray out,havent used it yet but i would have let it sit most likely!!

Baba Fats said:

And just explain it to her that locks are a process. They do not happen overnight. It's the process that makes them look good at the beginning and then unravel a bit before they start to knot up again

NewLocks
@newlocks
12 years ago
11 posts

the day they are locks i will be able to rub it in peoples faces!!haha

Tara C said:

Sounds like my mum, she liked them at first and now as soon as she sees some undreaded hair she's like "oh, you need to backcomb that!" even though I explain to her all the time that it dreads on its own. Like Baba Fats said, just explain to her that it takes a while. Besides what's already been suggested, there's not a lot you can do to speed up the process, so just take the negative comments in stride, knowing that they'll be mature and awesome-looking dreadlocks one day.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form