Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello from a new Dreader :-)

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

you really do not need them yet. although if you start having flaky scalp issues a few drops of rosemary in your bs will help. I only put tee tree oil in my hair if i am going somewhere that i will be exposed to children or close contact with lots of people, because i have lice paranoia. Tea tree repels lice. Lavender helps kill mold and mildew...which won't be an issue til they are mature. If you want to add a few drops of essential oil to your bs it can make your hair smell nice....especially because bs/acv doesn't have a smell.

updated by @taye: 07/13/15 11:46:40AM
Adam Williams
@adam-williams
12 years ago
21 posts
Oh cool, I love Tea Tree anyway so any excuse to have it around my person is great. :-D

taye said:

you really do not need them yet. although if you start having flaky scalp issues a few drops of rosemary in your bs will help. I only put tee tree oil in my hair if i am going somewhere that i will be exposed to children or close contact with lots of people, because i have lice paranoia. Tea tree repels lice. Lavender helps kill mold and mildew...which won't be an issue til they are mature. If you want to add a few drops of essential oil to your bs it can make your hair smell nice....especially because bs/acv doesn't have a smell.

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

Be careful..don't over do it...tea tree can be drying and can cause some flakiness on your scalp. Flaky scalp can be an issue when you start dreading.

Adam Williams
@adam-williams
12 years ago
21 posts
With you, I'll definitely be cautious. :-)

taye said:

Be careful..don't over do it...tea tree can be drying and can cause some flakiness on your scalp. Flaky scalp can be an issue when you start dreading.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

with congos i would not congo till mature and dont let em get too big

and as far as oils rosemary helps dandruff alot

teatree is great to use as well

they arent needed untill they are needed they are medicinals

if u have a medicinal need then use em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Adam Williams
@adam-williams
12 years ago
21 posts
Ah excellent, never thought of them as medicinal before.I saw on one website that in the 1st couple of weeks to wash once or twice with plain water and then try to go a week without so The scalp can stop producing so much oils. Is there any truth to this, or would this be quite unsanitary?

soaring eagle said:

with congos i would not congo till mature and dont let em get too big

and as far as oils rosemary helps dandruff alot

teatree is great to use as well

they arent needed untill they are needed they are medicinals

if u have a medicinal need then use em

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no just wash your hair

but if yiou are oily

you do want to wasgh lil less so your not srtripping oils and causing more oil production

but by that i do not mean only wayter fir weeks

i mean go 1 day longer then usueal

then 1 more

till u can go 3,,to 4 days without being very oily

and adding bs or sea salt will help

bs will tip u to the alkaline side since oily hairs typicaly too acidic ..u dont want to go too far and be dry and itchy so..just a nudge

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form