Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Platting in extensions?

El Blanco Dread
@el-blanco-dread
13 years ago
13 posts

Hi folks sorry for being away so long. I have had my mop chopped once just fro a wedding since I posted up pics. My hair is around 3 inches long all over now. It does seem thinner with length as it always does and its hard to manage for work etc. I have a headband but dont wear it yet although Im gonna have to soon. I was considering dread extensions for a number of reasons. For the thickening aspect to my thin hair and to see if its gonna be worth the aggro of growing my hair to see if dreads are gonna work with my head of hair. I have a kind of friend who tried to platt to my hair but she seemed to think they wouldnt hold and tried out with one platt which just fell out.......its getting frustrating, Theres so much to consider and twist n rip seems more preferable to me as the back combing method im led to believe will need more length than the 3 inches I have at present. It is longer in areas but only just......3 inches is the rough length and its the longest its ever been.

Any advice gratefuly received........J

updated by @el-blanco-dread: 01/13/15 09:12:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well extentions kinda need a dread to anchor onto ..a more mature secure dread so your better off just doing tnr and let it grow

or just let it dread as it grows

no trimming for weddings that will just make it take longer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form